And why in hell in a state that requires you to have insurance to drive, do they offer you "un insured motorists" insurance.

Not taking up for Ins Co’s - because I hate them. Deal with them every day.
But uninsured motorist coverage also covers your vehicle if it gets hit while you are not in it and the person that hit your car leaves without leaving you a note.
And it only has a $250 deductible in Texas and provides rental car for you while yours is in the shop. That is a lot less costly to you than going thru your collision coverage.
It’s like having liability coverage against yourself :confused:

Insurance anywhere is a scam. I have 6 motorcycles, and a car, but to insure everything, I'd have to have 7 policies. I can only drive one at a time! A policy should be for the person, not for each vehicle. And why in hell in a state that requires you to have insurance to drive, do they offer you "un insured motorists" insurance. What a scam. And like any insurance, car, home, health, life, you never know what you are paying for "until" you try to use it. And piss the company off, and they will just cancel your policy. We need a revolution against these thieves!:mad:
Many years ago I had a car parked in front of my house and under a street light. At around 2.00 at night a drunk, unlicensed, uninsured, unemployed girl rode somebody else's unregistered motorcycle into the back of my car.

It's times like these that you need "uninsured motorist" coverage.

So in other words, your insurance ain't insurance, right ??? They just make it confusing, so we don't know we're getting raped, that's all.

Insurance anywhere is a scam. I have 6 motorcycles, and a car, but to insure everything, I'd have to have 7 policies. I can only drive one at a time! A policy should be for the person, not for each vehicle. And why in hell in a state that requires you to have insurance to drive, do they offer you "un insured motorists" insurance. What a scam. And like any insurance, car, home, health, life, you never know what you are paying for "until" you try to use it. And piss the company off, and they will just cancel your policy. We need a revolution against these thieves!:mad:

Amigo,
The worst:
I get cases where the insured has been hit by an at fault driver with no insurance and the insurance company sues their own client to prove some fault in order to mitigate their loss.
Lawyers are way down in second place on the distrust lust. Insurance companies have made the rules in auto and in medical.

Back