No damage what so ever, but remember mine is a Touring and has crash bars front and back.

As soon as the bike is under power the weight goes away except for dipping into a turn. She does not get heavy until you stop and let her get over too far on one side or another.

I find when coming to a stop sign I approach it straight on. I don't turn the front wheel and stop. Something you can easily do with a small bike.

I only have a front crash bar on my Roadster so am hoping if the worst happens it will save it. ( with a stationary drop only of course)

Andrew, am i correct in assuming that your Triumph floorboards are fixed in position?

My front and rear Rivco boards are built with integral hinges so that they can be raised (folded upwards) when not in use. That would certainly eliminate your shin-bruising conundrum.

USR3024.jpg

USR3005A.jpg

It is nice to have good company. I've tipped twice, just tipped past the point of no return each time. The first was probably within a week of getting it, in my drive way.
The second time I thought the side stand was down. Nope. A fellow at Walmart on his break saw me trying to get it back up and came over and helped. The only damage each time was my pride. And that sure did smart.
When I bought it the front left crash bar had a pretty good scrape on it, wish I could patch that up somehow. Don't know how it got way up there.
(pic here)
IMG_1506.JPG
And there were a few nicks on the saddle bags and tank. And a crazy awful adjustable rider backrest modified for Lurch. Found a normal adj. hardware post in Austrailia and fixed that.
The day I got it I knew right away the handlebars were too far out. Got rivco risers. They helped much, now I'm used to it.
I still am on my toes at a stop. But have learned where the point of no return is. (I'm 5' 9")
Still wondering if I should have held out for a classic, but I got a sweet deal, and have not seen one I would have bought local in the past year.
Gonna re-map the ECU shortly, that may be all I can handle. :)
Not interested in a roadster. The pegs are too far back. I got used to those Jardin Forward Controls on my Kawasaki. It has the shift and rear brake way out front where highway bars would be. Love that!
IMG_7466.JPG
Wonder if they make them for the Rockets.
Took a ride today past the Festival of Colors put on yearly by our local Krishna Temple folks. I love to pull up by those Harley's!! You know what I mean!!

Still getting used to the heel shift. And I have some longer highway mounts on order to get those within a comfortable reach.
Now I hope I'm done putting so much $$$ in to this. Gads, I never did that to any other bike I've owned. BUT never had a forum to get all the cool ideas, either.:roll::roll::roll:

I was just reading this thread again and it hit me.
I am so glad that I can add my wisdom to the forum, but I am not sure that being an expert on dropping the bike and picking it up is a thing to be proud of?

:whitstling:

Do you still have TORs on your bike? Did you end up getting a new crossover pipe from Paul? If so, how does it sound? Do you think the TORs are worth it?

Do you still have TORs on your bike? Did you end up getting a new crossover pipe from Paul? If so, how does it sound? Do you think the TORs are worth it?

I got the cross over from Paul a couple weeks ago. Yes I still have the TORS. I also have a RAMair. I an taking the bike out of winter hibernation next week and installing everything.

New video will follow I promise. Before and after.

I've smashed mine into gear 4 times (stalled the engine, thankfully) by testing the floorboards against my (moto boot) shins at stoplights...

Back