You don't have to do any of that , I'm 5"7 and half , 28 inch inseam , the rocket tourer is'nt a paticuly high bike , but its wide , thats what gives us short asses problems , first thing i done was had my seat shaped and lowered , Did'nt make any difference like i said its the width thats the problem ,, so i bought the touring seat , that made a big difference , because it sits you up closer to the bars , and makes it easier ,, but it was still a problem trying to push this beast back on tippy toes , is always dodgy if you step on loose gravel or a stone . So the next thing was i lowered it ,, i simply bought ikon shocks 30mmm lower , there suitable for the rt3 , and a freind dropped the bars 20mm through the triple tree , and i can reach the floor and almost flat foot the bike , its still heavy but a lot better . Plus it looks GOOD lowered , especielly when i put the lowered seat on has well , which i don't do often because its a touring bike

With the rivco risers and lowered this bike is like an armchair , but it is what it is , Its a big heavy bike more suitable for a big guy , or an exceptionaly good rider , (which i'm not HA HA ) , i bought mine in 2009 and have done 65000 klm . just about all off it being long distance , I will admit i don't ride mine much any more , its in the garage ready to be brought out if i do any distance over 300 klm , but for just a 50 -100 klm ride through the hills i have another bike ,

Oh i might add the other bike is a low rider , so to give you an idea the rocket lowered is approx the same has the low rider , of course being a physicly smaller bike the low rider is eaier for me around town

Thank you for sharing your experience! I was thinking that lowering the seat wouldn't actually do much. I'll look into a touring seat but lowering the bike is beyond my comfort level.

Do you have a photo of your bike?

Thank you for sharing your experience! I was thinking that lowering the seat wouldn't actually do much. I'll look into a touring seat but lowering the bike is beyond my comfort level.

Do you have a photo of your bike?

". . . lowering the bike is beyond my comfort level."
You, sir, be a smart man! :thumbsup:
yeah-baby.gif

I have a 30” inseam an don’t have any issues moving the bike around. Rear boards are up when I’m positioning the bike. They come down when my passenger hops on.
The thing I’ve learned with the beast is to plan how and where I put the kick stand down. I always try to position the bike in a way that minimizes the of movement under no power. I find that if I have to move the machine any distance without power, I move it from the side vice sitting in the saddle and trying to walk it.

Good luck

With all due respect, Amigo,
Requiring a heel shifter is like never learning to drive a stick shift.
Another art lost on the young.
Heel shifting was never invented/offered most of my 55 years of road riding.
I dislike because it complicates and adds shift linkage, it reduces foot position room, it requires heel stomps that can be hard on transmissions and it is totally unnecessary.
My '13 R3T came with a two piece heel/toe shifter. I too wanted more room on the floorboard and I don't use/need the heel part to shift, so I just unbolted the rear part.

I don't understand I am 5'8" with a 29 inseam. I don't have an issue when I come to a stop. I did have my seat rebuilt and that did lower me a bit.

I do agree that when backing the bike up I raise the passenger floorboards.

I am looking for a new pair of boots with a heel to give me a better footing.

Platform Boot.jpg

Wonderful. Just make sure you don't fall off your soles when walking about.

I mean no offence of course

Non taken. I was over exaggerating, but my present boots are flat soles and I am looking for a new pair of boots that have a heel.

They are correct. When I had my seat rebuild they narrowed the horn area making it easier to be flat footed on level ground.

Two of the times I have dropped her I was on a slanted road. I have a habit of putting my left foot down first while keeping my right foot on the brake.

Once I may have forgotten to put down the stand?

I'm in the habit of putting down the kickstand as I'm stopping then plant my foot. Once I didn't get it far enough down, and didn't realize until the bike was further over than it should have went. When the Rocket plus passenger gets over that far she gets heavy quick. Kinda like arm wrestling a bear. Luckily I had good footing and was able to stand it up without dropping it, or the passenger.

Back