AndrewK

.060 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
With a little over 4k miles on my bike now, I have one big issue and I am looking for some ideas.

Most of those miles were put on with just me on the bike but when my wife rides, and I have the passenger floorboards down, I have no room to move my legs. This often ends up with me getting a bruise on my shin because I don't have enough room between front and rear floorboards.

I understand that this is caused by me being 5'7" and not having long legs that can reach around the floorboards but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues and if so, what was your solution?

Thanks guys!

20180209_133205.jpg 20180209_133213.jpg

I'm not sure I understand -- I have the same bike.

Are you saying, that sitting in the seat normally, with your feet on the boards, the back of your leg hits the front of the back foot board ? Or is this just when you stop and put your foot down ?

I'm not sure I understand -- I have the same bike.

Are you saying, that sitting in the seat normally, with your feet on the boards, the back of your leg hits the front of the back foot board ? Or is this just when you stop and put your foot down ?
I guess I didn't add that part... This problem is when I put my feet down. When coming to a stop, starting to go, or parking the bike my legs tend to bounce between her boots or the passenger floorboard and the drivers floorboard.

I've considered taking the drivers floorboards off and putting pegs on, giving myself more leg room.

A bike this big, you want both feet pretty solidly on the ground. Maybe that is your best bet, and in the years the bike has been around, there has been someone who has done one of most ways this can be done, and hopefully folks will chime in.

I am also looking into a local auto upholstery guy to see if he can take an inch or more of foam off the stock seat and add a gel layer. This should get me a little closer to the ground but I think I would have the same issues between boards. When it's just me, which is most of the time, I have no issues and love the **** out of the bike.

With a little over 4k miles on my bike now, I have one big issue and I am looking for some ideas.
Most of those miles were put on with just me on the bike but when my wife rides, and I have the passenger floorboards down, I have no room to move my legs. This often ends up with me getting a bruise on my shin because I don't have enough room between front and rear floorboards.
I understand that this is caused by me being 5'7" and not having long legs that can reach around the floorboards but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues and if so, what was your solution?
Thanks guys!
20180209_133205.jpg 20180209_133213.jpg

The first thing I would do is 86 that heel shifter!
Not hip to the Touring model, but eliminating the shift linkage and finding a splined shift lever the appropriate length would increase your forward left foot position accordingly.
Also consider keeping your left foot on the board when you dismount.
Good Luck!

I don't understand I am 5'8" with a 29 inseam. I don't have an issue when I come to a stop. I did have my seat rebuilt and that did lower me a bit.

I do agree that when backing the bike up I raise the passenger floorboards.

I am looking for a new pair of boots with a heel to give me a better footing.

Platform Boot.jpg

I'm having a hard time visualizing the issue, but +1 on ditching the heel heel shifter

I don't understand I am 5'8" with a 29 inseam. I don't have an issue when I come to a stop. I did have my seat rebuilt and that did lower me a bit.
I do agree that when backing the bike up I raise the passenger floorboards.
I am looking for a new pair of boots with a heel to give me a better footing.
Platform Boot.jpg

Did you send a link to LOOPY @mexican ?
Laughing.gif

Last edited:
Back