Triple Red

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket3r
Hi, quick question I have just purchased a used rocket3r super low miles and while scrolling through the sub menu’s I found Bluetooth.
I am aware it has a lot of problems but can’t connect, I’m assuming the module is fitted but for some reason decommissioned.
Can you see the Bluetooth menu on all 3r/gt bikes?
Cheers

Hi, quick question I have just purchased a used rocket3r super low miles and while scrolling through the sub menu’s I found Bluetooth.
I am aware it has a lot of problems but can’t connect, I’m assuming the module is fitted but for some reason decommissioned.
Cheers
I believe the Bluetooth menu was present, but inactive before install of the module.

Cheers
Thanks for the reply, just a bit odd no one else replied ?

Thanks for the reply, just a bit odd no one else replied ?
The Bluetooth module is an accessory. So, you would have specified it and paid for it when you purchased the R - not sure about the GT. If you did not, you might well see it on the menu, but it will not physically be there.

Correct. I don't believe it comes standard. It's an add on that gets installed up under the tail section. The dealer then needs to enable the functionality in the ECU through the triumph diagnostics tool. Again, i think before the install, i think "Bluetooth" was in the menu, but it was disabled. Once it's installed and enabled, you can then access things like pairing your phone, headsets, and go pros.

Correct. I don't believe it comes standard. It's an add on that gets installed up under the tail section. The dealer then needs to enable the functionality in the ECU through the triumph diagnostics tool. Again, i think before the install, i think "Bluetooth" was in the menu, but it was disabled. Once it's installed and enabled, you can then access things like pairing your phone, headsets, and go pros.
Yes you are right, but the quickshifter is also a accessory and that's not in the menu (yet) .
I can scroll through on my TFT display SMS,NAV, Calls etc all I was trying to confirm is are all latest get r3 the same?

I had the Bluetooth module fitted from new. When the bike was delivered (to my home) there was no "Bluetooth" option in the menu, the salesman could not find it and said it would have to be checked back at the dealership. It turns out the module was fitted but not enabled/activated, it was activated via a laptop and now shows up in the menu. I am not sure if Bluetooth option in the menu can be listed if no module is present, maybe the previous owner had it removed to get a refund and the menu was not reset? The module is installed in the rear of the bike behind the back light, so a right pain to check if it is there.

I had the Bluetooth module fitted from new. When the bike was delivered (to my home) there was no "Bluetooth" option in the menu, the salesman could not find it and said it would have to be checked back at the dealership. It turns out the module was fitted but not enabled/activated, it was activated via a laptop and now shows up in the menu. I am not sure if Bluetooth option in the menu can be listed if no module is present, maybe the previous owner had it removed to get a refund and the menu was not reset? The module is installed in the rear of the bike behind the back light, so a right pain to check if it is there.
Thanks, yes that’s what I was thinking it must’ve been installed and maybe still there? I know it’s not very good but if it’s still there I’ll try and have it commissioned again.

Thanks, yes that’s what I was thinking it must’ve been installed and maybe still there? I know it’s not very good but if it’s still there I’ll try and have it commissioned again.
Mine works pretty well with my Sena headsets and iPhone. As long as the phone isn’t also connected to the headset, stuff works pretty flawlessly. I tend to just use Apple/google maps on my phone mounted to the bars because I prefer to see the corners and view the actual map. The triumph app is more a novelty. But being able to answer/decline calls and see/skip/pause/play songs from the dash is pretty nifty. You do have to spend some time balancing volume on the headset and through the control of the display. But once you get it setup it works pretty well.

I have a 2018 Rocket 3, Am I able to get bluetooth added? Is there a particular module to buy? Thanks (NOOBIE HERE)

Back