JoseyR3Wales

Living Legend
Ride
2014 Victory Vision Tour
I had the "opportunity" to have met a "fellow" owner last night at a gathering spot for motorcycles in an area where there may be two R3's and a lot of the v-twin crowd. 99% antique air cooled technology is probably accurate. I hate to say this, but I think he was reluctant to talk about his bike as now he is not the "Only" Rocket on the block. I just hate the egotistical side of all of this hoooey. Thought we might have a conversation about modificatons, tyres, etc.................shoot no, just stuffing his face and swilling beers and grunting like a swine at the trough with his other buds. Such a shame. There should be a personality check completed before qualifying to buy a Rocket. Glad to "go my own way" now. Sorry to see the brand represented by a less than stellar contributor to the gene pool. :flame:
Am I being a bit presumptuous to think that Rocket owners are an elite group and have the ability to carry on an intelligent conversation? My thought was that we are above the black and orange mob of miscreants. Am I an elitist? I not judging, I'm just saying.

I had the "opportunity" to have met a "fellow" owner last night at a gathering spot for motorcycles in an area where there may be two R3's and a lot of the v-twin crowd. 99% antique air cooled technology is probably accurate. I hate to say this, but I think he was reluctant to talk about his bike as now he is not the "Only" Rocket on the block. I just hate the egotistical side of all of this hoooey. Thought we might have a conversation about modificatons, tyres, etc.................shoot no, just stuffing his face and swilling beers and grunting like a swine at the trough with his other buds. Such a shame. There should be a personality check completed before qualifying to buy a Rocket. Glad to "go my own way" now. Sorry to see the brand represented by a less than stellar contributor to the gene pool. :flame:
Am I being a bit presumptuous to think that Rocket owners are an elite group and have the ability to carry on an intelligent conversation? My thought was that we are above the black and orange mob of miscreants. Am I an elitist? I not judging, I'm just saying.

What part of Alaska are you in so we can look out for the other rider?
Do not worry about it, dealerships will sell bikes to any a-hole I am living proof.

Or maybe he was just out with his friends to have a few beers, BS, and have a good time and didnt want to talk about tires, mods and performance. ;)

Naah.. You're probably right, Ozzman.. But hey, a dealer can't exactly say "No, I'm not gonna sell you a bike because we don't like you".. lol I rarely run across another Rocket III, but I have run across the type. However, I also run across other Triumph riders who are fun to hang out with. I will try and get a picture of the few Triumphs together at our local bike night.. We have my Rocket, a Bonneville T100, a Bonneville America, and my wife's Trophy 1200 that show up. It won't be until next October though.. I'm taking a dang class on Tues and Thurs nights..

Sometimes you really can't tell a someones personality at the first meeting. Some guys become an ass with a little alcohol. First impressions may be the most important but there not always a true representation ones character.:) Or he may just be an ass.

Yes just a bit presumptuous.

Does anyone know of a dealer that gives a physiological test prior to ownership?

I thought the only requirement was cash or good credit.

The guy probably suffers from the short weenie syndrome, you all know the type, the old lady says...'Give me 12 inches and make it hurt so the guy sticks it in her 4 times and punches her in the mouth.......':eek:

There are a number of things that increase the apparent size....
Booze
Mouthing off
Big bikes, especially Hardlies
Telling stories to gullible friends and associates
Putting down others to increase your manliness
Doing stupid things

Those are the main ones. I'm sure there are many more. The human mind has the ability to make up more scenarios as the level of alcohol increases.

Back