Big Marty, Big Marty's Mrs

CanberraR3

Living Legend
Ride
Triumphs, but no Rocket just now.
Been wondering where the big fella is for a while. I recently got a PM from his missus saying that she's been flat out with work and that Marty hasnt been the best. She apologised for both of them not being on here for a while!!

She then went on to reassure me that they've still been working on things for September, that they have a venue now and also have the local triumph dealer hitting up the triumph rep for things.

Good on you both, Marty and Cathy, and I hope you're getting through the health issues that are keeping Marty down.

Yeah sorry Richard I have been meaning to ring you to fill you in but been a bit of color my self, here is a Pm I recieved from Marty the other day

Re: how you going
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanso
Hey Marty ol boy hows the diabetes going got it under control . Haven't seen you on the forum much lately:)

G'day Hanso

Thanks Mate doing well, sort of got it down a long way bust just not consistent.

Insulin make the body retain fluid put on 20kgs, plus some of that's got to do with giving up smoking no smokes for the last 3 weeks. Next stage of the health plan lose 40kgs, that's the hard part.

RDU- Rocket Downunder

Secured a site for the big ride the took some doing local council **** scarred of bikies.

Was out and about yesterday and securred a venue for a get to gether on the Saturday night, full bar, BBQ, music, and we pay for our drinks only.

Will be doing a big post tomorrow.

Just have to get someone to look after organising the best accommodation deal we can get for the out of towners.

Will provide them with all the net links to suitable places, helper just need to contact, write and try and get a discount for the weekend.

Now we have Venue, write all down to complete event sponsorship proposal letter that I and pass onto potential sponsors.

Yeh this site hasnt quite been the same with out the big fella, GET WELL SOON ole mate.
Great to here the smokes are 3 weeks behind you!!!! Good work!!! I am 12 Years now with out a smoke, but remenber "the monkey is always on your back"
If I were in your area I would try to lose weight with you as i need to shed 30 kgs myself, started on monday and 2kgs already:)
Ya just gotta do it!!!!!!!!

Back