Best video yet....

Sat on them both today. Much prefer the GT but I’d be happy with either.

8EB88E5D-6FC2-4489-B0A1-7151AC37BAED.jpeg
809CB581-2619-4D20-B406-07ECA6AD8D87.jpeg
Richard you look good on it but i would look better cheers mate

This other test by a Swiss reporter (so he is used to curvy roads...) makes me even more addict ! He is 51, height 1m70, 80 kg, lives in Lausanne, married 2 children.. Likes both Italien and British motorcycles in particular. He is comfortable on small roads.

Triumph Rocket 3 (test for a full day in Tenerife) : Modern bike with very big biceps and good footwork.

the R3 is not only a bike having the largest engine, it is a quiet bomb which will be satisfy any ride, handy on the road, less when stationary, secure and even comfortable.
Agile in spite of the size and weight. Phenomenal acceleration

Even on the first meters between the hotel entrance and the beginning of the coast road, one is literally glued to the seat.

Anyone can put flat both feet on the ground
Acceleration is fantastic but not too much brutal. It is like an irresistible wave, a rock starting to move, a huge fist outside but soft and accommodating inside. Kind of paradox due to excellent transmission, injection, electronic throttle and all the security electronics.
Even the latest Zero SR/F electric bike does not provide such a torque

The GT position is more relax.
The sound makes raise the hair of your arms. One can notice the bass sound of this big and deep heartbeat and furious wail at the twist of the grip. It pushes hard and continuously from 4000 to about 7000 rpms
Straight and long roads become suddenly very short.

First gear is rather short and one would stay often on 3rd or 4th gear. Changing gear is amazingly easy for such a monster thanks to the helicoidally gearbox : smooth and precise and the assisted hydraulic clutch requires very, very little effort. The lever can be adjusted too.

When stationery and maneuvering it, you need to be cautious due to the weight. But as soon as you release the clutch, it is completely different bike as it becomes almost ballerina. Almost since it is a little less reactive than a pure sport bike and this is normal. But it lets you swing it left to right so easily as it does not correspond to its weight and size. Something similar to what you feel on a Diavel but to a more surprising scale (heavier and engine much bigger).

Foot pegs can touch the ground (more with the R) but when happening you are already bending quite a lot. Tires are excellent.
Shaft transmission : you don't even feel its presence

Both R and GE are not only fantastic pleasure factories, they are also social promoters as they attract so much in particular due to the front led lights, the engine and the exhaust
Price is high but justified for its performance and equipment. The fact of having the largest engine is probably priceless especially when it can be ridden almost similarly to a normal roadster..but over boosted !

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-12_14-38-33.gif
    upload_2020-1-12_14-38-33.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 2
Last edited:
From a Belgium reporter who says :

"I am completely stunned to discover the R3 R potential. Both bending angle and rhythm ares absolutely unimaginable, a bit less true though with the GT, and in spite of the 300 kgs to manage but resulting easy in relation to the actual weight. In spite of the appearance, one can ride with it in the mountain"

That is so sweet some parts of me say I should of bought this , instead of putting so much customizing in a 05 . Now I think I could have afforded this new Rocket lol
It is sweet looking.

Back