Wow glad to see I'm not the only one on this learning curve. I'll get on line later to see if I can find any of these exhaust systems . I'm hoping to keep the stock head pipe , eliminate the the cat and find some slip-ons . Anyone have any recommended web sites or systems . Is Carpenter duals or three into one ?

Wow glad to see I'm not the only one on this learning curve. I'll get on line later to see if I can find any of these exhaust systems . I'm hoping to keep the stock head pipe , eliminate the the cat and find some slip-ons . Anyone have any recommended web sites or systems . Is Carpenter duals or three into one ?

The cats are inside the pipes on the Touring. The box underneath going to the left pipe is just an empty maze.
I'm looking at D&D pipes for my touring: with a Paul Bryant crossover to get rid of that worthless box.
The D & D's look almost identical to the stock pipes (the end slant up, where the stock are undercut down), they sound better, and use the same heat shields.
Trouble is, I don't where to get the D & D's now. Their website does not list them.
And then there is Ram Air, or Triple K&N's to consider. :D

Starmanut
Well I have good news and bad news . D&D is no longer going to make exhaust for the rocket. I found one set remaining at Fast Eddys . If you want one you better call them direct at 218-355-0077. It's $ 750 . Just spoke to them this morning.
What I would like to know is what is a bear claw ? Where do you find them ? I have a RAM Air on its way but will probably not be using it.If interested let me know.

The bear claw is the chrome cover on the left side with the three partitions. It hides the intakes and the radiator overflow tank. And the Ram Air will fit under it.
Some guys cut it and put the triple K&N's there.
Thanks for the info!! Pinching pennies right now, so I'm only in the dream state.

Guess I could start saving up for some Paul Bryant pipes, IF I ever get the ambition to actually replace them.

Back