Been a few years....

I likened it to a Road King….more over could do three day trips with full saddlebags and a tail bag. But the saddlebags for the 2.5? Who they kidding?
Have to agree with you about the Triumph saddle bags, they are junk. I don’t see any of the new Rockets as real capable touring bikes even though some owners use them as such. I hope you find your best bike.

I agree that the newer Rocket isn't much of a tourer. It will take you where you need to go with the panniers and a backpack on the rack. Like I have said before it's all in what you want in a bike. If I wanted a tourer there are so many different bikes to choose from that are built for touring and some for the twisties also. Sport touring seems to be getting more popular. Suzuki has one I really like. I bought the 2020 Rocket for everyday riding, hitting it hard in the twisties and light touring. I could ride from California to Florida but lets face it, it would get uncomfortable at best. I like the fact I can do everything on the Rocket so it's all good for me. If I want to tour then BMW and that new Suzuki is where I would be but I don't for now so I'll stick with the back roads, cruising and my tours are usually short jaunts to Carmel/Santa Cruz area or around Lake Tahoe so maybe 250-300 miles a day. Cheers:thumbsup:

I think it’s what struck me when these new ones came out that yes…there was one for just riding…rocket style of course…and one set up as power cruiser….fine…but they had a good touring setup in the R3T…all they needed to do is put proper stuff in the accessory catalog….but it ain’t there….I’m glad Corbin has stuff. I’ve used their seats and they are great…expensive but great.

I think it would take way much money and work to make the GT into a real tourer. The new Indian Pursuit is a nice sport touring bagger. On my touring bike I like a full fairing, large hard waterproof bags, four or six speaker stereo, sat nav, lowers on a crash bar, a tour pack and cruise control. The R3T is very much Road King like but with huge torque but still lacking a few features I like to have.

I do think all the dressing aside the old Rockets are more comfortable for distance riding.

Ditto with the Indian Pursuit! Or you could do HD Road Glide Ultra…if you prefer air cooled. As many bells and whistles as you can dream of too!
We have two Challengers and that water cooled motor is a real performer. It is very fast for a V twin. I don’t think the RG could keep up with the Pursuit. I believe the handling and suspension is way better on the Indian. The movable windshield is a nice feature. It still ain’t no Rocket but plenty fast.

We have two Challengers and that water cooled motor is a real performer. It is very fast for a V twin. I don’t think the RG could keep up with the Pursuit. I believe the handling and suspension is way better on the Indian. The movable windshield is a nice feature. It still ain’t no Rocket but plenty fast.
Totally different approach….Harley bottom end is what we get because we want it. It has its place. My R3T could do it all though…sniff😢

Totally different approach….Harley bottom end is what we get because we want it. It has its place. My R3T could do it all though…sniff😢
I’m always amazed at the PP108 low end punch. Ride a Challenger and message me your thoughts.

And no I’m not a salesman for Indian.:laugh:

Back