britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
Has anyone been to the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum outside of Birmingham, Alabama? It would be about a 750 mile trip for me, just wondering if it was worth it for a little spring jaunt.

The place is very much worth the trip/ride. I went there about a year and half ago for a Rat Fest and the place is just amazing. Very open air and modern in design with hundreds of bikes from all over of all ages and makes. Some original, some restored to originality. There are even some historical race cars there. It is a very beautiful museum and one heck of a racetrack. Also there is a motorcycle campground not far from the museum called 29 Dreams. The place has tent camping as well as small cabins for rent. There is a full sized lodge on the grounds that has a small store, they serve food, and just for Tom and Vonbonds....a fully stocked BAR!!! Check them out at www.29dreams.com. Sounds like a great place to shake off the winter blues this Spring. Bigern

Last edited:
What have I started. :)

You can count me in on this one for sure.

I'd imagine Britman too. By spring time I'll have gotten cabin fever sooooo bad, I'll be sitting in the shop on the bike(s), dreaming of warm weather, starting them up (which I do every week anyway) and forgetting to open the door or turn on the exhaust fan and then come in the house reeking of exhaust fumes. Just don't make it too early in the spring or I'll have to trailer down at least into KY. I don't ride on salted, snowy or icy roads and we can have snow here in early April.

I don't have the "go for broke" gumtion that Von Bonds has. Besides, he's a lot younger than I am.;)

Sidecar Flip said:
What have I started. :)

I don't have the "go for broke" gumtion that Von Bonds has. Besides, he's a lot younger than I am.;)
You probably don't have one of those StayPuff Marshmellow Man riding suits either! :D
Bigern
P>S> Probably the best thing to do about a date would be to check with the Rat Pack to see if they are planning another get together at the museum this comming year and try to make plans to coincide and meet then. The time i went, they even had the 29 Dreams campground lined up for the event.

Last edited:
Just a lowly poster, thats all....

I'm just a lowly poster here and part time jester too. The powers-to-be on this site do need to plan another ride, run, BS session, who can eat the most and live to tell about or whatever.

This year barring my ride to NC for the USCA National Sidecar Rally and a trip to Pocono Speedway with my longtime friends Ed and Carol and their over the hill group of potato bikers (bite my tongue), I'm open, well almost. I do have to cut hay 3 or 4 times, but my wife can do that in a pinch. She's wicked with a square bailer. Click, click, click, kerchunk. Click, click, kerchunk....what are you a wimp, can't keep up with that bailer. Honey, it's 95 out here. The flies and bugs are eating me up. Besides, my help already drank all the beer as she powershifts up a gear. I love my round bailer.

My time is adjustable so just count me in. Just so long as there is comfortable accommodations (I don't sleep in a tent on the ground anymore, besides, every time I went on a trip and tented it, I got rained on and wound up smelling like old cabbage drying in the sun) and there are an endless supply of low priced beaneries nearby with good food.

Last edited:
Back