Back turn (direction) indicator lights issue

when u try to diagnose something that is working u will get its working answer.
if u can test when not working then your chances r good to find the problem.
do u really want them to start guessing? that can lead to more problems!
very true check with main triumph some one may have found the problem (not likely to tell us)
when my buddy @maurice has the problem then we can fix these :laugh: :laugh: :roll::roll:
We hope.🤞. We were not too good at figuring out the intermittent power cut off if you remember. Dealer suggested gas overflo into canister by overfilling. He was wrong that I was overfilling, but led me to solution.

Last edited:
Well you’re not alone my R3 GT just threw that warning light on the dash telling me front left indicator out.
Switched off the ignition and re started all back to normal, then happened again a short while later with one of the rear indicators?
I have 5000 miles on the bike and this is the first time I’ve experienced this problem.
Will see what happens next time I ride but I will be giving the dealer a call.

I, too have experienced the indicator warning lights. It's happened to at least 3 of them by now. Definitely a can bus/ecu issue. Connections are fine, and it seems random when it happens. "Fixes" itself if you just put the blinker in question on for a bit. It'll eventually go back to normal operation. Annoying. Haven't been able to visually document yet. I wonder if its a load/current draw of the LEDs and some parameters in the eco not jiving. Who knows.

I, too have experienced the indicator warning lights. It's happened to at least 3 of them by now. Definitely a can bus/ecu issue. Connections are fine, and it seems random when it happens. "Fixes" itself if you just put the blinker in question on for a bit. It'll eventually go back to normal operation. Annoying. Haven't been able to visually document yet. I wonder if its a load/current draw of the LEDs and some parameters in the eco not jiving. Who knows.
Does it just give a warning light, or does the opposite blinker actually turn on. If it's the latter, one would think this is potentially dangerous for the biker and should be getting Triumph's attention to come up with a solution or a recall.
Probably the group who are experiencing this should report this formally, so Triumph is forced to pay attention.

Does it just give a warning light, or does the opposite blinker actually turn on. If it's the latter, one would think this is potentially dangerous for the biker and should be getting Triumph's attention to come up with a solution or a recall.
Probably the group who are experiencing this should report this formally, so Triumph is forced to pay attention.
It never mixes up indicators, but they do fail to, indicate and the warning light comes on. Like i said, it eventually fixes itself, not that I'm condoning it. My assumption is I will have to document it to have it go anywhere with triumph. So will try to do that.

A picture of that warning light would be nice
When the turn signal self cancels does the warning dissapear

A picture of that warning light would be nice
When the turn signal self cancels does the warning dissapear
I have my turn signals set to manual, so I have the cancel them. The warning light, when it happens, comes on with the message that the indicator has a problem (i forget the exact language) and you can click ok on the thumb controller to dismiss, but the warning light stays lit. when you put the blinker on again, the arrow flashes faster (like when a bulb is out) until it eventually fixes it self.

As said if the affected indicator is left on it will normally reset itself, however on my last ride lost all indicators, no warning light, no direction arrows on the dash and no indicators at all.
Stopped the bike switched ignition off and restarted, all working again?
Have booked the bike into triumph, they told me they had a bike last week same issue, reckon they pushed on all the connectors and cleared it. I’m not convinced will wait and see what happens when I get my bike in to them.
In this condition the bike would not pass an m.o.t. Test, so to my mind that makes the bike un road worthy, not good for 11 months old 😕

Back