Back turn (direction) indicator lights issue

Softwareupdate has been installed today...will see if the problem comes back on the next longer ride. Reason for the problem per my dealer: the previously installed software was for turning signals with running lights...which the Rocket 3 obviously does not have.
Best. Lutz
Great news, hope it works 👍

Hello Folks, sharing my issue in search of enlighten here...

When I took delivery of my 2020 GT I noticed that the back turning indicators were wrongly wired (when you selected right turn both the front indicator and the arrow in the instrument panel were fine but the functioning indicator in the back was the left...) quick trip back to the dealer and they switched the connectors back in the assembly and voilà .... BUT...

Now from time to time, I get either the general warning symbol, the faulty light symbol (and corresponding message on the tray) and the back light stops working for a while to resume proper functioning by itself but maybe in an hour or the next ride, it fails again without any specific pattern (sometimes fails the left, sometime the right) always fixing the issue by itself (FOR NOW AT LEAST...)

Any thoughts, ideas? anyone else with the same or similar issue?

happy riding!
It could be as simple as a faulty bulb. They can give some strange faults!

Looks like the SW Update has helped, no issues on further rides so far.
Best, Lutz
mine is working fine by itself lately... during the last 3 rides (at least 200-300KM each) not even one episode so far. at this pace, I won't bother trying to fix it. happy riding!

As said if the affected indicator is left on it will normally reset itself, however on my last ride lost all indicators, no warning light, no direction arrows on the dash and no indicators at all.
Stopped the bike switched ignition off and restarted, all working again?
Have booked the bike into triumph, they told me they had a bike last week same issue, reckon they pushed on all the connectors and cleared it. I’m not convinced will wait and see what happens when I get my bike in to them.
In this condition the bike would not pass an m.o.t. Test, so to my mind that makes the bike un road worthy, not good for 11 months old 😕
I do cars as I've stated but it seems modern bikes have gone the way of the auto. New electronics are FET controlled thru an ecu when a short open or resistance is determined the FET will open to protect the circuit till the ecu power is cycled when it will re set until the issue returns hence the " fixes itself" I would suspect wiring or terminal fretting. Finding it is the issue especially with a FET system as you only have a short while before the circuit become protected to find it. As others have said I'm curious and will be watching as well. Best of luck guys !

I also got the software update applied, I have been on 4 rides where it had thrown the error previously and all is good, anyone still having issues - get the software updated from your dealer.

I also got the software update applied, I have been on 4 rides where it had thrown the error previously and all is good, anyone still having issues - get the software updated from your dealer.
Thanks for the info Mr Rocket. Even though that the recurrence of the issue on my GT has diminished significantly, I went to the dealer with the valuable info you guys have shared.

They checked with Triumph North America and they had no info about any update for the signals issue. In fact, they told me that the progressive lighting of the European Model and signals style isn't available this side of the pond and as long as we have daytime running lights here, the suggestion from Lutz doesn´t applies to us Canuks either.

I will install a Garmin Zumo connected to the socket cabling in the front, so I still need to discard the "pinched cables" possibility when I open the screen cover, I'll keep posting any finding for the common consideration and use.

stay safe!

Thanks for the info Mr Rocket. Even though that the recurrence of the issue on my GT has diminished significantly, I went to the dealer with the valuable info you guys have shared.

They checked with Triumph North America and they had no info about any update for the signals issue. In fact, they told me that the progressive lighting of the European Model and signals style isn't available this side of the pond and as long as we have daytime running lights here, the suggestion from Lutz doesn´t applies to us Canuks either.

I will install a Garmin Zumo connected to the socket cabling in the front, so I still need to discard the "pinched cables" possibility when I open the screen cover, I'll keep posting any finding for the common consideration and use.

stay safe!
My US 2021 with under 500 miles has done the same twice. Both times rear right indicator.
I turned the bike off and on and it cleared. Will be monitoring the situation to if next time it would be the same exact location.

There is an update available, US dealers should have it. I had it done to mine at BMG in Goshen, NY and haven't had any indicator issues since.

Mine is doing the same thing. First failure within 100 yards of the dealership, turned around and, of course, it went away by the time they came out to look. Happens all too often but does self repair so far. The bike is at the dealer right now and I have sent them the contents of this forum, including the availability of the fix. If they return the bike as is, we will have a problem here.

Back