Baby's got new sneakers..... (yes, another tire thread)

Bob R

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3T
After riding home in the rain the other day and getting all kinds of squirrely on the road I decided I have had about enough with the Metzlers. I just happened to have a set of new Bridgestone Exedera Max tires in the garage waiting for their chance to sacrifice their rubber for the common good.

Well, I got them on today and decided a ride was in order to scrub them in.

First, they make the front feel much lighter and more nimble. It doesn't take nearly as much effort to initiate a turn or keep it leaned over, in fact I found out if I wasn't careful it was easy to go further than I actually wanted. At slow speed the front seems easier to horse around for tight turns, etc. At highway speeds on the super slab and other roads the don't seem to be as harsh as the Metzlers were.

So far I am happy, now to see how many miles I can get out of them.

bob

Got a new front tire on myself yesterday.
I was gonna go with another Dunlop 404,
but went with the Michelin Commander instead,
to see how it does..
Supposedly a tighter compound and longer life...
We shall see.

Got a new front tire on myself yesterday.
I was gonna go with another Dunlop 404,
but went with the Michelin Commander instead,
to see how it does..
Supposedly a tighter compound and longer life...
We shall see.

I have a new avon in the garage for the rear (put a front on last fall) I plan to put it on right before I head out west as it will probably be worn out by the time I get back

My Avon Cobras were the same, the front turned easier at slow speed. Made the bike easier to handle. Plus it turned glass smooth from previously being prone to front end shake if I let go of the bars. Rubber makes a huge difference on a bike, no question. And as for the experience in the twisties, no comparison to the used Metzelers, I could basically take sweepers without even touching the bars, it was that stable.

Back