This is actually a very common problem. There’s always someone on every forum who posts about an issue with their own bike, real or imagined, and straight away assumes it’s a design fault or that it effects every ones bike. Not sure how to fix it.

on the other hand, if it’s a new bike under warranty take it to your dealer and tell them to take it up with Triumph and fix it.

Last edited:
This is actually a very common problem. There’s always someone on every forum who posts about an issue with their own bike, real or imagined, and straight away assumes it’s a design fault or that it effects every ones bike. Not sure how to fix it.

on the other hand, if it’s a new bike under warranty take it to your dealer and tell them to take it up with Triumph and fix it.
Yeah I did take it to the dealership. They admitted a few others had a vibration issue, but chose the path of least resistance (cost)... ignorance of the problem. Triumph, and their mechanical engineering department know fully well that some of their bikes are coming of the line with crank, or drive shaft balancing imperfections. Unfortunately the dealerships, which make nothing on the sale of a bike, more then often don’t want to spend the lucrative resources of their warranty/repair shops to deal with sparse customer mechanical complaints.

Yeah I did take it to the dealership. They admitted a few others had a vibration issue, but chose the path of least resistance (cost)... ignorance of the problem. Triumph, and their mechanical engineering department know fully well that some of their bikes are coming of the line with crank, or drive shaft balancing imperfections. Unfortunately the dealerships, which make nothing on the sale of a bike, more then often don’t want to spend the lucrative resources of their warranty/repair shops to deal with sparse customer mechanical complaints.
It’s entirely up to Triumph, not the dealer, what gets fixed as a warranty claim. If your dealer isn’t chasing it hard enough you need to keep making noise about it directly to Triumph if you believe your bike really has a problem.

It’s entirely up to Triumph, not the dealer, what gets fixed as a warranty claim. If your dealer isn’t chasing it hard enough you need to keep making noise about it directly to Triumph if you believe your bike really has a problem.
I appreciate your support. I did buy the extended warranty. Should give me a bit more time to address my probe. Not real sure how to get in contact with Triumph directly. My bike is in winter storage now. So have the next summer to get into the warranty fight with them....Oooh should be fun.

Who knew Triumph had a lemon flavour available.? As many of us had failures in the first few kilometers, I wonder about the thoroughness of the final testing regimen. I also question the efficacy of their Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS). Why are there no service bulletins out there on the pannier and turn signal issues at least?

I'm wondering if most of the crazy issues that people have been having are primarily occurring in the bikes that are being manufactured over seas. It would appear that those of us who received bikes manufactured at Hinkley are not experiencing any where near the number of issues as the other bikes. My only issues after 1.5yrs and 30,000km have been the rear brake recall, and the seat trim recall, other than that, this bike has been absolutely flawless, I haven't even had key fob issues with it.

As for your Vibration, one option could be that the wheel is of off balance, find someone who knows what they are doing, has a digital balancer, and knows what they are doing, yes it is twice, that is important, also check the tire itself, this may mean taking it off the rim and look inside to see if anything has shifted, broken cords, belts, I have had a similar issue in my car, tire looked find on the outside, tire guy took it off the rim, looked inside, and he found shifted belts, which would cause the issue as well, just a thought

I'm wondering if most of the crazy issues that people have been having are primarily occurring in the bikes that are being manufactured over seas. It would appear that those of us who received bikes manufactured at Hinkley are not experiencing any where near the number of issues as the other bikes. My only issues after 1.5yrs and 30,000km have been the rear brake recall, and the seat trim recall, other than that, this bike has been absolutely flawless, I haven't even had key fob issues with it.

As for your Vibration, one option could be that the wheel is of off balance, find someone who knows what they are doing, has a digital balancer, and knows what they are doing, yes it is twice, that is important, also check the tire itself, this may mean taking it off the rim and look inside to see if anything has shifted, broken cords, belts, I have had a similar issue in my car, tire looked find on the outside, tire guy took it off the rim, looked inside, and he found shifted belts, which would cause the issue as well, just a thought
My rear brakes stopping ability has significantly declined. It very quickly went from the most impressive brake I’d ever felt, to very soft, n spongey .

My rear brakes stopping ability has significantly declined. It very quickly went from the most impressive brake I’d ever felt, to very soft, n spongey .
I tend to agree that the tires are the most likely culprits. (Occam's razor logic.) I have had tires that pass visual but caused massive vibration. You will need new tires at one point, so, just bite the bullet and buy a new set, save these for later if it doesn't fix the problem.

I appreciate your support. I did buy the extended warranty. Should give me a bit more time to address my probe. Not real sure how to get in contact with Triumph directly. My bike is in winter storage now. So have the next summer to get into the warranty fight with them....Oooh should be fun.

I think I have said before that u should check whether it is in the motot or in the bike. It is simple check. Just rev it up in nuetral if it seems like you r sitting on a vibrator then it is in the motor.
2md check driving at a high rate of speed pull in the clutch if the vibration is still there then the problem is in wheels/drive shaft/tire ect.
I would find out and take to dealer and say i want it fixed so i ride in the spring.
Don't let them get away with saying that they can't road test it because u can raise it off the ground and get it up to 80 or more and check.it out i do this all the time on cars/trucks to check noise/vibrations/bearing probs.
Hth

I tend to agree that the tires are the most likely culprits. (Occam's razor logic.) I have had tires that pass visual but caused massive vibration. You will need new tires at one point, so, just bite the bullet and buy a new set, save these for later if it doesn't fix the problem.
When I brought this problem to the dealerships attention, the shop Forman told me that a previous R3r owner had also reported a vibration problem. They themselves thought it could be a wheel or tire issue. The Forman said they had removed them, and balance tested them. They found nothing out of weight, or out of round. I don’t believe the problem is coming from the wheels or tires. The vibration is still noticeable even when the bike is barely moving. Not even the shaft drive could cause this at such slow rpm’s. What I think is most telling, is that when riding at high speeds the vibration is intense. But when I pull in the clutch and disengage the engine. The vibration disappeared. (Completely).

Back