Another Toy on the list...

Having grown up in north Texas, just north of Dallas mind you, I can understand the references to Yankees. To us, anyone from north of the Red River were Yankees. The homestead was 12 miles south of the Red and we had to smell Oklahoma everytime the wind was out of the north. It sure was windy there because Oklahoma blows and Louisiana sucks.

Now as far as where I live now (Fredericksburg, VA), my wife (and E-III's namesake) is a native Virginian. She kindly reminds me and everyone in my family that Virginia was the CAPITAL of the South, therefore, not Yankees!! :mad:

I have to thank the previous owner for shelling out the big bucks for the Fleetliner fairing and the Staintune exhausts. I like the fact the the fairing blocks the wind and rain from my hands. The clear shields don't do that. My last bike was an '83 Yamaha Venture so this is my first non-frame mounted fairing. I notice trucker draft makes it wobble a bit. Didn't have that on the Venture. I'd also like to have some more protection below the fairing. I get quite a draft coming up from below.

The Staintune exhausts are great. They give a nice deep growl without being obnoxious. At highway speeds they are virtually silent. Since I ride most everyday to work, I can start up in the morning without incurring the wrath of all the neighbors. I doubt if the PO had applied the Staintune Tune so if Britman or anyone else local has a Tuneboy, I'll buy a key if you can let me use it. :eek:

Hay

Tdragger, I'm not 100% sure of this but someone might confirm it or dispute it but I don’t think TX was in the union Then or were they. I was (am) terrible at history and time lines
But then again I originally from Syracuse NY.:D

Hi all!

It's great to find another source of good info for my Roc. She's an '06 Standard in the faster Black. I love the blacked-out engine. The previous owner made a lot of good mods and saved me the trouble. E-III sports a Corbin Fleetliner fairing with a 13" Chromed Smoke Memphis Shades windshield (my addition). She also came with the Staintune Exhaust and Cat Bypass. She was set up as a power cruiser with the solo seat and a set of lowered Ikon shocks but I'm more of a touring rider (and everyday rider for that matter) so I added the Triumph Dual Tour seat with Driver Backrest, a set of Leatherlyke bags and the Rivco Passenger Boards and Extenders. The Ikons are too short for my big a$$ so I've put the OEM shocks back on for wheel clearance.

I've had E-III since July '07 and have really enjoyed her. I got her at the local BMW shop. The story is that I went to the shop to test drive a Road Glide that was sitting out front. Did the test drive and as I was parking I noticed this beast setting beside me. Asking "What the hell is that?", the sales person jumped all over it. "Take it out for a ride. Everyone loves it," she said. The rest is history. There was no way that I was going to pay more money and settle for that Road Glide when I couldn't wipe the smile off my face after taking the Roc out.

I look forward to seeing your posts and maybe we'll see each other on the road sometime. Take care...

I was leaving behind you the day you bought it. I'm sure you don't remember who was behind you...but I'm just saying it was me :)

so you heard the "YYYYYyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!" as I was blasting off...

Great folks there at Morton's. Just wish they would expand into Triumphs!

Tdragger, I'm not 100% sure of this but someone might confirm it or dispute it but I don’t think TX was in the union Then or were they. I was (am) terrible at history and time lines
But then again I originally from Syracuse NY.:D

Paul:

I know. Texas was a sovereign State. They were never part of the original union of States. They had their own Capital (Austin) and their own government. That's why, to this day, Texas is the Lone Star State. That's something to be very proud of. Especially in today's gummential mess. That's not discussable here.

Mr. Paul,

Texas was it's own country in 1836 until it joined the United States in 1846, hence the moniker "The Lone Star State". Texas seceeded with the Confederacy, of course, so it is a true Southern State. The common but incorrect perception is that Texas is the only state in the union with the right by treaty to seceed from the union to form it's own country again. Nice thought sometimes though. :cool:

Paul:

I know. Texas was a sovereign State. They were never part of the original union of States. They had their own Capital (Austin) and their own government. That's why, to this day, Texas is the Lone Star State. That's something to be very proud of. Especially in today's gummential mess. That's not discussable here.

Mr. Paul,

Texas was it's own country in 1836 until it joined the United States in 1846, hence the moniker "The Lone Star State". Texas seceeded with the Confederacy, of course, so it is a true Southern State. The common but incorrect perception is that Texas is the only state in the union with the right by treaty to seceed from the union to form it's own country again. Nice thought sometimes though. :cool:

Flipper, you woosie! Politics isn't for bidden. I if so, you running for President would get no where.

"sovereign State" willl become a heretical word soon enough. Good to hear it from some!

Last edited:
Hay, HAy

Did not mean to start a debate, was just trying to give Mr. trigger some ammo to shoot back at his wife and he family. When they say VA. was the capital of the Southern states he can say TX wasn't part of that bunch it was the Southern Country:D

Back