Another one bites the dust???

The people who ride are getting older. Not as many young people getting the desire for independence. It seems freedom has a different definition these days. The motorcyle market is pretty soft right now. It seems you can buy Harleys for $2500. And I'm not talking Sportsters.

In two words . . .
Snowflake Millennials.

With all the chaos, internal, external, that solicits to interrupt our daily lives, the ability to sign onto the forum to seek refuge and lose oneself if only for moments at a time, is therapy to me. With no disrespect and only gratitude:
Triumph dealerships lacking presence, Riding age, Italian scooters, Market decline, Generational gaps, Self identity, Doom & gloom, Social media, Real women, Relics of the past, Claviger's view of pronouns, Coining new terms "Snowflake Millennials". All of this and more in 1 thread, 11 posts. Riding Rockets is an escape from the grind, something we all enjoy, for me logging onto the forum is an extension of the ride.

Again, no disrespect intended, only gratitude for making my day!!!
You don't stop riding because you get old -- you get old because you stop riding

With all the chaos, internal, external, that solicits to interrupt our daily lives, the ability to sign onto the forum to seek refuge and lose oneself if only for moments at a time, is therapy to me. With no disrespect and only gratitude:
Triumph dealerships lacking presence, Riding age, Italian scooters, Market decline, Generational gaps, Self identity, Doom & gloom, Social media, Real women, Relics of the past, Claviger's view of pronouns, Coining new terms "Snowflake Millennials". All of this and more in 1 thread, 11 posts. Riding Rockets is an escape from the grind, something we all enjoy, for me logging onto the forum is an extension of the ride.

Again, no disrespect intended, only gratitude for making my day!!!
You don't stop riding because you get old -- you get old because you stop riding

Darn well said!

so true!!

Patrick, I missed the post from @instant to which you replied.
Freedom never comes without responsibility!

Were you free when young and living under the rule of your parents?
The answer is NO, but you also had zero responsibility.

Total freedom requires total responsibility to maintain it.
Give your responsibility away to the government - welcome to North Korea!!!

Patrick, I missed the post from @instant to which you replied.
Freedom never comes without responsibility!

Total freedom requires total responsibility to maintain it.
Give your responsibility away to the government - welcome to North Korea!!!

Were you free when young and living under the rule of your parents?
The answer is NO, but you also had zero responsibility.

personally I had total freedom as I lived all my childhood with people who did not give a s....t as they were collecting checks from my parents to board me and could not care less what I was doing or where I was sleeping or eating so yes I had total freedom as for responsibility I learn the word when I turned fourteen by then it was too late to change..

Legendary Motorsports of Fargo did, indeed, close. I am not sure why or what was going on as I hadn't been there in years. I can say that when they started they were Triumph and Indian, the idea being you would come to buy an Indian, get sticker shock, and there was a Triumph. I do not know if they kept the Indian line, but they were of late also dealing in Polaris.

Their mechanic was one of the best around. Moon Motorsports of Monticello MN is now my nearest dealer, and that is a fair journey to reach. 300 miles one way.

That Sux huge!
970 miles away for you is a good shop in Missoula.
Reckon I be lucky to have two at 50 miles away.

That Sux huge!
970 miles away for you is a good shop in Missoula.
Reckon I be lucky to have two at 50 miles away.
Missoula is good? I’m more into 100% DIY if possible, but it’s good to know they’re an option. 3-1/2 hours is just a small hop down the road out here.

Missoula is good? I’m more into 100% DIY if possible, but it’s good to know they’re an option. 3-1/2 hours is just a small hop down the road out here.

I have been there twice in need of tires while on way or returning from Sturgis.
They treated me like family and the work was well done - although only tires.

Back