Air Intake Question

August 8-15 032.JPG
August 8-15 035.JPG
Rick is that the only or best place to put it. Are you only holding down with zip ties.
So I have not had any issues with the ATS attached where I have it. I dont think there is any or much of a difference in the air temp if it is attached to the fuel rail or directly into the filter. The two picture show where I have my ATS attached to the fuel rail. Once you put the bear claw on I am pretty confident the air temp is going to be the same or within a degree or two. I have a temp sensor gun and after a ride with out the bear claw I checked surface temps around the filters and near the ATS and the were all within 1-3 degrees of each other. I hope this helps. Notice I did not need to relocate the overflow bottle.

Rick, that will be how I am doing mine. I hope the filters come in tomorrow. Daymakers are here, so I at least have that if they dont.

Rick, that will be how I am doing mine. I hope the filters come in tomorrow. Daymakers are here, so I at least have that if they dont.
Harley Too,
Where did you end buying and what did you end up paying for the daymakers? I am thinking about a few add ons for the winter upgrade list, paint, Rivco Highway pegs, TOR exhaust, and new headlights.

Harley Too,
Where did you end buying and what did you end up paying for the daymakers? I am thinking about a few add ons for the winter upgrade list, paint, Rivco Highway pegs, TOR exhaust, and new headlights.

Paid $320 each for them from the link on the Daymaker thread. Pricey to be sure and not an investment I made lightly. But my old eyes are not as good as they used to be and night riding is becoming difficult. I am hoping this will extend that for me.

Texas riding after dark in the hill country (some of my favorite) requires good illumination.

Paid $320 each for them from the link on the Daymaker thread. Pricey to be sure and not an investment I made lightly. But my old eyes are not as good as they used to be and night riding is becoming difficult. I am hoping this will extend that for me.

Texas riding after dark in the hill country (some of my favorite) requires good illumination.
Understand about the eyes. Our problems at night are critters up here large and small.

Understand about the eyes. Our problems at night are critters up here large and small.

Same. Javelina are bad news here. They love to gather at the side of the road and scatter when you ride by...sometimes in front of you.

Rick just wanted make sure you put the ATS on the fuel line. If that's right did you put any cover on it

Rick just wanted make sure you put the ATS on the fuel line. If that's right did you put any cover on it
If you look at the two pictures I posted you can see in the second or bottom picture the K&N filter, That is the Air Temp Sensor, I relocated that as close to the air filters as possible and zip tied it to a fuel rail or a fuel rail bracket so it stays in place. If you haven't purchased the filters yet, do not buy the 3/4" 62-1360 filter. But two of the 5/8" 62-1340 filters. They fit the breather tube and the air temp sensor better. Also if I haven't said it before the best prices seem to be at Auto Zone.

If you look at the two pictures I posted you can see in the second or bottom picture the K&N filter, That is the Air Temp Sensor, I relocated that as close to the air filters as possible and zip tied it to a fuel rail or a fuel rail bracket so it stays in place. If you haven't purchased the filters yet, do not buy the 3/4" 62-1360 filter. But two of the 5/8" 62-1340 filters. They fit the breather tube and the air temp sensor better. Also if I haven't said it before the best prices seem to be at Auto Zone.

Actually, I got a better deal on them through Amazon. Granted it was like $2. Now I wish I had gone Auto Zone, as I would already have them. Amazon does not show they have shipped yet.

Sky dog, You can probably save about $25.00 if you do not put the air temp into a K&N but you need to protect it from dirty air with something, maybe some air filter foam from a law mower or something like that. I like the K&Ns because they can be cleaned and oiled.

Back