I did not yet. I was seeing what happens with the changes while still appearing stock. I was really excited about the competition werkes exhaust but the 1k+ price tag in my opinion is expensive. Considering also all their other slip on's are $549. I can only assume the price reflects the fact that there is no competition.
Did you replace the cat with a piece of pipe or leave a void where it was? It's kinda hard to make out how the guts are fitted into the "coal box" :)

Did you replace the cat with a piece of pipe or leave a void where it was? It's kinda hard to make out how the guts are fitted into the "coal box" :)
I left it open to reduce amount of passages.
See my super crude update pic lol. Black is removed cat. Yellow is new flow of gasses.

Attachments

• 20200617_175038.jpg
    20200617_175038.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 104
I left it open to reduce amount of passages.
See my super crude update pic lol. Black is removed cat. Yellow is new flow of gasses.
I appreciate your effort, and your drawing skills are ok, it's just it's like seeing a drawing of your intestines, you pretty much get it, but not how they're attached :D

Richard: Would you consider a pipe from the headers leading to a chamber, kinda like a wee car silencer with three outlets into these (pictured below) doable or an excercise in futility? :)
EDIT: I don't really care if it doesn't add power. My main concern is looks weight and sound (and of course i wouldn't want it to *lose* power..
If you sent them down I could tab something up. But it’s couldn’t guarantee it wouldn’t lose power.

If you sent them down I could tab something up. But it’s couldn’t guarantee it wouldn’t lose power.
Thanks, but it's just on the theory stage right now. Mostly wanted to hear if my theory that an engine as big as the R3's needs more volume (not audible volume) than a single muffler to perform well.

Engines need back pressure so you can calculate with an amount of bends (each one is a small restriction of airflow) Or work with baffles inside a box where the fumes have to find there way out, on turbo charged engines the turbo(s) are the restriction in the exhaust so post turbo a big pipe 500mm long will work for power, not so much on NA engines or supercharged engines!

Hey guys,

Any experience or feedback with the competition werkes' product from y'all that you might share with me? i am considering this exhaust.

Allow me the question: you have already seen the Thread named "Competition Werkes Exhaust 2020 R3"?

Allow me the question: you have already seen the Thread named "Competition Werkes Exhaust 2020 R3"?
I've only seen/find this particular thread which has the link to the exhaust and a short video demonstrating it. I looked for another thread but so far this is the only R3 exhaust thread I can find.

Back