Adjusting Forward Controls

Louballs

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket III
Searched around, but couldn't find any posts regarding adjusting the forward controls. Manual says to contact the dealer to do it, but seems it should be easy enough to do. Just looking for some general guidance so I don't screw it up. Thanks!

You're going to have to define "adjust". You can adjust the position of the whole assembly forward or backwards, you can adjust the shifter position up and down to better fit boots. In either case, it's very straight forward and certainly doesn't require paying the dealer to do it. If you're moving the footrests forward or backwards, you may need to use or store an shift linkage extension bar in the "tool" location under the right side panel.

The forwards on the GT come from the factory in the middle position. I moved mine to the rearmost position, and in doing so was required to also swap out the linkage rod and adjust to suit me. The move rearward put the shifter peg in an un reachable position for my foot.

The forwards on the GT come from the factory in the middle position. I moved mine to the rearmost position, and in doing so was required to also swap out the linkage rod and adjust to suit me. The move rearward put the shifter peg in an un reachable position for my foot.
Did you add the extra extension piece in when moving the pegs forward?

On my GT, I feel that I would need the seat to be 2cm rear. I wanted R handlebars but dealer strongly did not recommend GT with R handlebars due to bad handling. But for my sitting position I feel it would be better. Now they recommend to me to move pegs to forward, but I don't know if it will be good for riding, because sometimes in curves I have on pegs only my toes.
Any personal experience with GT and pegs in forward position and sport riding, city riding? Thanks.

Back