ExtremeAntics

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 R
Just purchased the black Forward Foot Peg Controls for my R, didn’t realize that they also come with a full set of black powder coated heat shields for the exhaust headers and the heat shield near the right foot peg. This made me notice that the header heat shields are now different between the R and the GT. Will have to see if there is a difference in how effective they are.

On a side note the black forward controls don’t come with a left foot peg, I originally thought it was missing but the parts list doesn’t inc it. Now waiting on an order for a single black foot peg, $200 AUD which was crazy.

You might be the first one going from R to GT. Does the left original peg transfer over? Seems like an odd way to sell the kit.
I believe it must transfer over however since I got the black peg kit having my existing silver peg looks a little out of place.

I used to like the forward controls on my original Rocket many years ago that I liked, getting a little older and I get a little knee pain in one knee on longer rides and I want to tour a little.

I believe it must transfer over however since I got the black peg kit having my existing silver peg looks a little out of place.

I used to like the forward controls on my original Rocket many years ago that I liked, getting a little older and I get a little knee pain in one knee on longer rides and I want to tour a little.
Ha, that's like something H-D does. I was thinking about blacked mids but better do some investigating. Thanks for posting up.

The heat shields have always been different between the R and GT to account for the possible leg contact with the headers in the forward position.. the Gt covers look better in my opinion.

I'm seeing both pegs in these. Nothing about the heat shields.
Triumph Rocket 3 R Black Forward Foot Controls - A9770249 | Store - Triumph Cleveland
Triumph Rocket 3 Black Forward Foot Controls - A9770249
The Triumph Rocket 3 Black Forward Foot Controls - A9770249 customize the ergonomics of your ride and offer a 245mm foot position change from the standard factory set up. The forward foot controls kit enables further comfort adjustment through 3 horizontal position options (-25mm / 0mm / +25mm) for your optimal riding comfort.
2987249603.jpg

I believe the heat shields on all GT's are smaller with forward controls and R's if you make them a forward control. All mid controls heat shields are larger than the front control on both R and GT. In essence, the forward shields are smaller than the mid shields on both... I think.:unsure:
Other way round, R is smaller and GT is larger. Originally they were both smaller but changed in 2021

Back