Adjusting Foot Rests

I need help with the extension set up all the way forward pls.
I put them on and thought all is good, but vibration over time caused the top extension to get loose. There was no lock nut, so thought I would remove 1 from the 1st metal piece furthest back. Problem is can not thread the lock nut on the furthest extension, tried both ways since I think is is reverse threading. Are the bolts different sizes? Am I just not tightening with wrench hard enough? 1st pic is 1st extension that nut won't thread, 2nd pic is lock nut and 2nd extension. I had to unscrew the piece furthest back and put lock nut back where is was without any extensions. Does this make sense?
Good morning Maurice screw both extensions together first you need a locknut on both sides of the rod
I need help with the extension set up all the way forward pls.
I put them on and thought all is good, but vibration over time caused the top extension to get loose. There was no lock nut, so thought I would remove 1 from the 1st metal piece furthest back. Problem is can not thread the lock nut on the furthest extension, tried both ways since I think is is reverse threading. Are the bolts different sizes? Am I just not tightening with wrench hard enough? 1st pic is 1st extension that nut won't thread, 2nd pic is lock nut and 2nd extension. I had to unscrew the piece furthest back and put lock nut back where is was without any extensions. Does this make sense?

you need a locknut on both sides it goes next to the square at both ends you have the locknut in the wrong place you can get a nut replacement at a hardware store try screwing the extensions together first the front is a reverse thread make sure that you have the correct extension in front

an added thought is if you do not have the locking nut for the reverse thread you will probably have to go back to dealer for one

I don't know how many times i have bought infinitely better hardware, nuts and bolts in a hardware store for 1/3 of the price :) As long as you know what you need you will get better quality and choice of Hex, Torx screw/bolt head shape etc.

good Morning Maurice
i am pretty sure i have the correct nuts if u r missing one. i have both left hand and right hand if u would like to come over we could set it up should not take long.
herman

good Morning Maurice
i am pretty sure i have the correct nuts if u r missing one. i have both left hand and right hand if u would like to come over we could set it up should not take long.
herman
Thank you Herman but after speaking with Steve, I think I just used the wrong lock nut up front out of the 2 supplied. Later today will try the other one, should work. I just learned today that what reverse nut meant. Not just turn in counter clockwise direction! Plus I am assuming the bolt is a reverse bolt! Otherwise the incorrect nut would have worked. Haha.

Last edited:
the way i think that works
if u loosen the two most outer nuts then u can turn the shaft/extensions to raise or lower the shift pedal.

ps i
guess i should explain
by having the left hand thread and the right hand thread that makes it possible to adjust the shifter height with out removing any of the linkage.

Hey Maurice, throw up a photo of the final linkage configuration. I think I'd like to try the forward position as well. Also, I'm curious if the forward position would reduce boot rubbing in corners.

Back