Adjusting Foot Rests

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
On the left footrest, after the 2 bolts are removed, is it the 2 nuts on the shifter linkage that one turns to extend the linkage to be able to move to the front hole? Right one no problem. Thanks

It depends on which way you move it. If you move it forward I think you need the extension piece from the tool kit to extend the shifter. If you move it back you will adjust the two nuts on the linkage without the extension piece. This is what I am guessing. Maybe someone that has done it will chime in.

On the left footrest, after the 2 bolts are removed, is it the 2 nuts on the shifter linkage that one turns to extend the linkage to be able to move to the front hole? Right one no problem. Thanks
I am trying to adjust the left footrest to the rear and it is a mystery to me how to do it. The adjusting linkage is too long even when it is adjusted as small as it will get. To adjust to the front holes loosen the locknuts and spin the middle of the linkage making the linkage longer. In order to make adjustment to the rear I moved the splined knuckle towards the back and hooked up the linkage and screwed the knuckle in from the wrong side. I am hoping that someone on the forum has adjusted to the rear holes I am almost thinking that I might need a special shortened adjusting linkage.

I am trying to adjust the left footrest to the rear and it is a mystery to me how to do it. The adjusting linkage is too long even when it is adjusted as small as it will get. To adjust to the front holes loosen the locknuts and spin the middle of the linkage making the linkage longer. In order to make adjustment to the rear I moved the splined knuckle towards the back and hooked up the linkage and screwed the knuckle in from the wrong side. I am hoping that someone on the forum has adjusted to the rear holes I am almost thinking that I might need a special shortened adjusting linkage.
If yours is all the way to the front holes, you may have the extension from your tool kit already attached.(from response above). See if you can unskrew one of the metal parts to shorten it.

Last edited:
If yours us all the way to the front holes, you may have the extension from your tool kit already attached.(from response above). See if you can unskrew one if the metal parts to shorten it.
If yours us all the way to the front holes, you may have the extension from your tool kit already attached.(from response above). See if you can unskrew one if the metal parts to shorten it.
the gentleman that mentioned the extension in the tool box is correct you would have to add the extension in the right side cover to move left peg forward I had to remove installed extension to move the peg back it fits fine now that's why there are two holders in the side cover

the gentleman that mentioned the extension in the tool box is correct you would have to add the extension in the right side cover to move left peg forward I had to remove installed extension to move the peg back it fits fine now that's why there are two holders in the side cover
Will do. Thanks

Stealer today told me 1 extension moves peg up 1 hole, another for 2. The bike I test rode had them all the way up. Felt akward compared to prior bike, so asked they move back ONE hole. They went all the way. I'm 6 1' so even though pretty comfortable like it is, thought I would compare for a perood of time.

I need help with the extension set up all the way forward pls.
I put them on and thought all is good, but vibration over time caused the top extension to get loose. There was no lock nut, so thought I would remove 1 from the 1st metal piece furthest back. Problem is can not thread the lock nut on the furthest extension, tried both ways since I think is is reverse threading. Are the bolts different sizes? Am I just not tightening with wrench hard enough? 1st pic is 1st extension that nut won't thread, 2nd pic is lock nut and 2nd extension. I had to unscrew the piece furthest back and put lock nut back where is was without any extensions. Does this make sense?

Attachments

• 20200531_135604.jpg
    20200531_135604.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 75
  • 20200531_135557.jpg
    20200531_135557.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 75
Back