A poll for the week-end?

Hard question to answer. It took me almost three years to purchase the rocket. Partly due to making sure the purchase would not impact the family, But mostly because I wasnt sure. So impulse buying is not in my repatoire. SInce this is not what you asked :)D) I will try to answer you........................................................VRod Muscle or CanAm

mutt

My own entries? BMW 1300R (that's the "naked" 4 cyl.) or the new V-Max (already road-tested, with a report on this forum).

As most of you, though, I'd rather consider a new Rocket. The standard one. But 5 years after its intro, Triumph ought to renew it a bit for model year 2010, don't you think?

Ah... yes... the GoldWing, which emerges as our current poll leader here. A superb mount with outstanding road manners (contrary to what someone reported). But I feel I am still way too young for it;)

Keep them views coming, please! Best. Jamie

I'm eye balling a 675 for some God forsaken reason. don't ask why, I'm in enough hot water as it is....:eek:

greg

Another Rocket built like Hombres! A Thunderbird AND a dual purpose bike (haven't decided which one yet, but leaning towards the V-Storm).
Not necessarily in that order!

After four years I finally have got my R/3 just the way I want it. I am done. It is reliable and picked up a few ponies along the way. Most of all I like the way it feels and looks. If I had to start all over, it would be another Rocket. I am a true fan of the bike. All of you have listed some great motorcycles in your choices, but they are not going to draw a crowd on bike night like the Beast.

I love riding my Rocket so much that my Goldwing sits in the garage and collects dust. I did however get the bug to buy another bike for around town commuting. I found a great deal on a low mileage 2004 T-100, at first it felt like riding a toy, but I'm really having fun zipping around town! Sometimes I think that you can feel over confident riding a smaller less powerful bike, but that sudden stop is just as painful. :eek:

I'm hoping for the R3GT (full dresser). If it doesn't come to pass then maybe an R3T or a Star Venture Royale. I had the original 83 model and still say it was the most comfortable bike ever. Gold Wings are too bottom heavy. They weeble-wooble going down the road. The Venture is more like the Ric, rock steady on the open road.
Ive ridden the Venture Royal and it a lot of bang for the buck. but the tail trunk and the bags are a Little flimsy and reflect the price. 5 year unlimited mileage warranty is because of a bullet-proof V-4 that has stood the test of time. It's not changed from the early 80's. It does need EFI to bring it up to date. It would be my second choice. The Wing is just too much engine to straddle all day for me. The 1800's have my feet behind my ars and kills me after a day and I cant get spread out far enough for hi way bars. The Valk has the same problem.
I've often thought about trading for the Beener 1200LT or maybe the Gold Wing.
I put 30,000 miles on my 1200LT and loved it. but it's a bike for those with deep pockets. everything you do is $$$$ and they too have a issue with day long comfort and the J-pegs they have as a hi way peg is a poor excuse for comfort and they run over $500.00.
A combination of Driver/Passenger/j-pegs will fetch close to $2000.00.:eek: I don't think I ever be able to afford another one:(

My replacement would be a Thunderbird I think. I'll know more after a test ride:)

I went with another Rocket Jamie cause I wasn't done with the 1st one. I'm into the 2nd year of ownership and I'm just getting to the point of utilization of some of the aspects it offers. Speed, handling and looks have me for now. I would seriously consider a second bike to be a duel sport 250. We don't have the Autobaun so anything over 135mph doesn't appeal to me. I respect the Max, the 14, and looked at the Concours. A sport tourer with hair is the beast what can I say. Yes it could use a freshening with the standards. And TD's suggestion of a GT is best yet. After all Triumph is known for detuned machines. I say nox it.

Back