A poll for the week-end?

Jamie

Living Legend
Say, like me, you have been a so-called Rocket "Captain" for several years now, you have lodged tens of thousands of miles on your mount, you have learnt from --and perhaps contributed to-- pages of dedicated forums like this one, you have probably spent a small fortune on mods or accessories, deep-down you are starting to feel you have enjoyed most --if not all-- of it in terms of performance, roadholding, embellishments, etc....

The question is: If you grew weary of it some day... or started to worry about its diminished resale value now... or just fancied moving on to another riding experience... or whatever...

... What 2009 bike (s) would turn you ON ?

(Poll rule: This is not about a second bike. Nor about day dreaming. It's about a real, possible transaction involving... Rocket succession planning )

Am curious. Are you not? Jamie:cool:

Last edited:
Harley Softail Custom or Street Glide or a new Triumph Thunderbird. The darkhorse would be a Goldwing.

I've often thought about the same thing.. and I can't make up my mind if it would be a smaller bike, like the Bonneville? Or go ahead and get a rolling living room like the Gold Wing. Most of my riding would suit the Bonneville, but on occaision, I like to ride cross country, which would, of course, suit the Gold Wing much better.

This is partly why I like the Rocket so much, because it is capable of both..

For me personally motorcycles are like firearms, you dont get rid of them, thats why I own four bikes they each have there purpose and range from a 250 to the rocket I figure as I get older I'll start working my way back down, but to answer your question I would have to pick the new thunderbird with the big bore kit or a kawasaki concourse.

Another Rocket, it would be hard to give up the shear torque that the big beastie puts out but probably some sort of ST Triumph or Honda.
All good things must come to an end but until that day arrives i will keep on enjoying the Rocket:D

Triumph

If I had to chose being a current Rocket Captain, and also having a 87 Speed Triple, in

the garage and just sold my 98 Daytona. I would definetley go for the Rocket again,

2nd place would be the new Thunderbird or Thruxton.

I'm hoping for the R3GT (full dresser). If it doesn't come to pass then maybe an R3T or a Star Venture Royale. I had the original 83 model and still say it was the most comfortable bike ever. Gold Wings are too bottom heavy. They weeble-wooble going down the road. The Venture is more like the Roc, rock steady on the open road.

tdragger, not sure what model year Gold Wing you owned or rode but my experience was directly opposite. Once it started rolling it handled like a 600.

As for next bike, when I am finished over here if I sell my current Rocket in the meantime (see classified section) I will probably get another Rocket Classic or the R3T. But I am curious what the new Gold Wing may come up with as it is now being built in Japan....I like both.

Dennis

87 dtg Dubai
88 dtg Home

Back