A new kind of motorcycle

Dayummmm!! All that power from a 138 pound engine...Now that's impressive! A bit too much for the street, though. Wonder what the quarter mile time for it is?

Interesting. He is talking up the torque pretty big. From everything I've read on turbines they don't sound like they are very "gutsy". Fast no doubt, but in that turbo lagging "wait for it to come on the pipe" sorta way. Gotta be a hell of a thrill though. That is, if you live by an abandoned air strip. I'm thinking if you were going that fast on the street they would probably just shoot you, bury you on the spot and burn the bike.:eek:

The bike has been around since 1998. Jay Leno owns one. They average about 9 miles to the gallon of diesel fuel. So range is pretty limited. I've been waiting for the fuel tank frame version to come out so you can go 100 miles between fillups.

One other point. The torque numbers equal acceleration, horsepower equals top speed. At full tilt the air pressure into the intake gives you about 600 ponies under the cowl. For $186,000.00 on a 400 lb bike that's dirt cheap.

Could any of you nice rocket owners lend me $185,000?? I can pay back $1 a year for 185,000 years!

Back