"A good day Tater"

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
American comedian Ron White has a great bit about his pet bulldog who he says knows him by his nickname of "Tater." While the Bulldog is sleeping White hides M&M's in his sagging jowls and when the dog wakes up, he smacks his lips, looks up at White, and thinks "it's going to be a good day Tater". It has been one of those days for me. I spent the morning going from web site to web site composing my R/3 Xmas want list. I came back to this site time and time again for sources on shocks, seats, and R/3 bling. I just want to say thanks to all the Captains out there who have contributed their input through all of the accessory and how to threads. Now I am going to eat my weight in Turkey and dressing and spend the rest of the day sleeping in my recliner infront of the fireplace. Hope everyone has a safe and fullfilling Thanksgiving. How about your guys across the big ponds, do you have a day of total accepted sloth and overeating with family and freinds?

T-Day Rocket III

Your thread was so amazing for me, I had to post a response. I got up this morning to help my wife with the Thanksgiving preparation, and wound up watching her work while I surfed with my laptop for new stuff for the Rocket. I went back to this site to look for some information about accessories and found your post. I am going to have a very similar day to yours. My family and I have a lot to be thankful about, and we are all healthy and happy today. I might take the Rocket out for a few minutes this afternoon, just to have that memory attached to Thanksgiving 2006, but my main ambition is to enjoy my family and reflect on all the wonderful things about being alive and happy. I hope all the other Captains and their families and friends have a happy, peaceful Thanksgiving!

PS-That does not mean we can't compare wish lists for our Rockets.

I'm doing just about the same thing :D... with a little website work thrown in, which I enjoy. We have a little twist thrown in here... it may get close to 70 F today so the Rocket very well may get to go out, for just a little bit anyway.

Let's see..eat, crawl into recliner, unbutton pants, watch football, pass out....

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope to eat my fill and then ask permission to go for a ride this afternoon. I added a few accessories yesterday & went for a spin. Today is too beautiful to let pass without a ride.
Time to eat! I have my choice of deep fried or traditional turkey, with all the extras, and BEER! What could be better.

Hope everyone enjoys the day. See ya.

Been snowing around Geneva, for the first time this year. Not much, but just enough to turn riding on some my favorite mountain roads into something a bit... challenging.

Anyway: HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all:bch:

Jamie

Toystoretom said:
I'm doing just about the same thing :D... with a little website work thrown in, which I enjoy. We have a little twist thrown in here... it may get close to 70 F today so the Rocket very well may get to go out, for just a little bit anyway.

Let's see..eat, crawl into recliner, unbutton pants, watch football, pass out....

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I have a handle on the "unbutton the pants" thing. I've been adding some poundage this year and the holiday season will increase the rate of addition somewhat.:eek: Got a good start at BIL Bart's house for the family feast. Kicking back here with a cold pop and the computer. Glad the R3 has power...power to haul my lard butt around.

Great Thanksgiving

I wore my overalls as a silent tribute to all the farmers that produced the wonderful food we sometimes take for granted. Like Tomo, the weather begged me to ride......and that I did. Being alone, I talked several friends into feeling sorry enough for me to slide an invitation my way for today. Rode the R3 to a noon appetizer function and overdosed on cocktail shrimp and sauce. Departed for a 2:00 pm meeting with other "Strays" at the local Marriott for a lavish buffet. They had my favorite........ ice cold skim milk and I believe I now hold the record at that location for 3 heaping plates of food, 6 large glasses of milk and a few tiny, but filling, desserts.

Got home in time to watch the K.C. Chiefs first ever Thanksgiving night game and they hung in there to beat the Denver Broncos. There was some napping taking place during the game but I held on until after the win to really do the 2 hour hypoglycemic post meal crash!

Woke up and then got online. Hope all of you had at least as much food, fun and riding as I did and now remember.........there are only 31 shop lifting days until Christmas. Ho Ho

Thanks Britman for your inspiring thoughts
Do to the nature of my biz, my sons and I worked until the Turkey was served around 4:00pm. Trish really put out a spread for us. I don't have many opportunities to work with my boys cuz of school and social commitments, but with the 70 degree weather and Thanksgiving Holiday I scheduled some much needed construction time on our stack shed, after we spent the morning in the Poultry Barns. Tuesday is like Saturnday is like Thursday is like Sunday, except Sunday we go to church and only work what has to be done.
We all had a great time filling our hands with splinters and dropping our share of wood screws, as we balanced on the stem walls, swinging occasionally from a nearby truss. It helps that the boys want cash with Christmas approaching.
I have two pieces of bling to put on before my next ride, backrest and heel/toe shifter. I'm planning on riding this Saturday and Sunday before the weather goes South. Can't wait.

Hope you all have a safe and sound Black Friday.:bch:

I just want to let ya'll know we had a great T-Day as well and as my Mom's B-day is the day before had a big get together.I rode there and let the family see the beast and all couldn't get over how good it looked.

Back