A Funeral for a Friend.

BillyIndiana

Road rash heals-Freckles grow back-Ride
Ride
2015 R3T
Ema and I went on a Tribute ride for a local biker today. He was shot in the face by a State Trooper while working a his daughter's car on the side of the road. No body cam so the truth will never be known, but the State Trooper had only been on the job just over a year. Trooper said he saw a gun and Glenn did have a pistol, but it was holstered. Indiana is an open carry state. Does not really matter at this point.

Anyway Glenn's funeral was today and the family asked the biker community to come. January 5th in Lafayette Indiana is not normally a time you would want to get on a bike, but God granted us a record high of 54 degrees.

186 bikes and yes I counted them.

It was great to get out and ride today. Wish it had not included a funeral.

God Bless us all.

P1010515.JPG
P1010517.JPG

Have had many of the local law enforcement pull me over in the late hours of the morning. Most of the time pretty cool. Especially the local county and city officers. Usually ends up in a conversation about bikes in general and a lot of questions about the Rocket. State Troopers different story. Had one a few years back pull me over in the early hours and held a gun on me. Pissed me off. Sitting on the bike and had licence and insurance card in hand. The ignorant Bastar$ requested i get off the bike and lay on the ground with feet spread and hands behind my back. Told him straight up to go Fuc$ yourself. He chocked a round in and i smiled at him. As bad as he was shacking the gun around figured it was a easy take. Piece of #hit was relieved of duty and fired a year later. Followed Steve's advice and made a formal complaint. Sorry to here of your lost.

So sad when I hear of these bad-shoot incidents!
We had a similar case in Seattle a couple years ago where a frightened new copper responded to a homeless guy whittling on a street corner. Copper pulled his gun on the man and ordered him to drop the knife. When the man realized what was happening he moved and was shot, DRT.
I have stated for over 30 years that since the qualification criteria has been lowered for hiring due to PC gender crap, at least a third of those becoming coppers have had no real world experience nor the ability to handle the life & death pressures and stress of police work. Most Coppers in my days had military experience and had been off their momma's tit and growing up for some time before joining the force.
When asked, I tell younguns to no way become a copper, go to law school, be a judge if'n youse want to make a difference. A conservative judge!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :roll:

Back