A cleaner and polish for the wheels?

Freightbusters

Supercharged
What do reccomend as a cleaner and then a polish for the wheels......lots of salt air here in Florida hard water marks.....thanks a bunch!!!;)

Flitz http://www.flitz.com/is a great product its a little pricey but all there products are first rate. I have two of their buff balls I use one for paint and the other for metal surfaces. Buff balls run cool and even a idiot can/'t burn paint with them, they are machine washable and should be dried in the drier with no heat, (they turn into a abrasive flap wheel with heat) I use a dry towel to remove the brake dusd then use a little Flitz on a clean rag or on small spots like a clutch lever just on my finger, a quick polish with the buff ball where you can get to (dang brake rotor anyway) then wipe with a microfiber towel.. Its even water soluable so any thing that gets where it should not be just wipes off with a damp towel,

I use Mother's aluminum wheel polish. I have one of the little Mother's polishing balls that Chip Foose pimps but haven't tried it yet.

Lets see, if you have an older Rock, the wheels are clear coated and that ain't all bad until the urethane clear coat starts chipping...and it will. Newer bikes are polished but not coated, like mine. I use Meguairs mag wheel polish and a towel, just 2 times a year, once in the fall and once in the summer and they stay very pretty.

Pigger, what is a pimped Chuck Foose ball?:D

Like Pigr, I too use Mother's...

However, I neither nor want one of Chip Foose's balls :eek::D. tehe

A rag works.

Lets see, if you have an older Rock, the wheels are clear coated and that ain't all bad until the urethane clear coat starts chipping...and it will. Newer bikes are polished but not coated, like mine. I use Meguairs mag wheel polish and a towel, just 2 times a year, once in the fall and once in the summer and they stay very pretty.

Pigger, what is a pimped Chuck Foose ball?:D

Hey Piggy, did you see that, Flapper don't know who Chip Foose is..And I thought he knew every thing..AhHA

Great Idea Pig and flip

I went out and aquired Mother's aluminum wheel polish....started with the wheels and could not stop...a wonderful product took care of the wheel spots and overall dullness
thanks Guys!! a nice way to spend the afternoon in Florida in the sunny weather!:D

I use Honda Glare Professional Polish (PP). The same glassplexin product as: http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/glare-polish/glare-polish.htm and http://www.paintprotection.com.au/glassplexin_glare_infinity_plus.php

I've polished out the burnished area damaged by the seat riding up against the fuel tank with the Glare polish and the damage has not yet returned after many months. Also the dull areas on the sides of the tank, dulled from leather chaps rubbing on the paint, has come back to full original glory. I use it on all metals. This is some slick stuff that is not cheap but it's well worth it to me. The Honda Glare PP is somewhat less expensive than the original product. It is my understanding that Honda is the only other outlet for the same Glassplexin product.

Last edited:
Back