A Care Package from Oz

I’m in Iowa and would love to join you guys for the burger and hear how the new system sounds
I would like to get a few of Midwest rockets for a ride. "IARocket" lives about a little over an hour South from me "Cav Man" a little over an hour North of me. I'm in Albert Lea.
It would be interesting to see how many we could get together. I would love to hear the OZ system myself.

I would like to get a few of Midwest rockets for a ride. "IARocket" lives about a little over an hour South from me "Cav Man" a little over an hour North of me. I'm in Albert Lea.
It would be interesting to see how many we could get together. I would love to hear the OZ system myself.
I’m in Maxwell about two hrs south of Albert Lea by interstate, 4-5 by backroads lol. Either way a nice ride north

It's not just the sound...:)

OK, having got the stock exhaust (mostly) off, a couple of questions:

• The stock O2 sensor does not want to come out of the factory pipe, I've been cranking on that sum***** with a spanner to no discernible effect. Appreciate any thoughts on more efficient or effective methods.
  • The stock support brackets for the exhaust are a bit vestigial at this point. Can they come off without also getting rid of the passenger pegs?
Appreciate any thoughts!

P.S. Those factory pipes and CAT are incredibly heavy, I'm thinking the Ozpipe will save me quite a bit of mass :)

OK, having got the stock exhaust (mostly) off, a couple of questions:

• The stock O2 sensor does not want to come out of the factory pipe, I've been cranking on that sum***** with a spanner to no discernible effect. Appreciate any thoughts on more efficient or effective methods.
  • The stock support brackets for the exhaust are a bit vestigial at this point. Can they come off without also getting rid of the passenger pegs?
Appreciate any thoughts!

P.S. Those factory pipes and CAT are incredibly heavy, I'm thinking the Ozpipe will save me quite a bit of mass :)

Yes rear pegs and swingarm covers off as there is a bolt behind the cover also you can remove the seat and right side cover and follow the wires up to the connector and unplug it, might be easier to undo O2 sensor when the muffler is off
Hope that helps

Yes rear pegs and swingarm covers off as there is a bolt behind the cover also you can remove the seat and right side cover and follow the wires up to the connector and unplug it, might be easier to undo O2 sensor when the muffler is off
Hope that helps

Got it, thank you Les, will give that a shot!

Well, a few before and after photos of Huginn from stock to OzClaw and OzPipes- unfortunately the sun was in the wrong spot to get a good image of the pipes.

Power on acceleration is really there but quite a bit of decel popping, Had loaded Claviger's Ramair + CES tune into the ECU and will likely have to await the effects of the Auto Tune module to clean that up a bit for my situation, at least until I can find a dyno that will work with Rockets. Also noticed the engine light wouldn't go off, suspect that is because I disconnected and removed the stock O2 sensor in lieu of the O2 sensor that comes with Auto Tune but, if anyone has some alternative explanations, I'm all ears :)

Attachments

• 20181007_154522.jpg
    20181007_154522.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20181216_155638.jpg
    20181216_155638.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20181216_155655.jpg
    20181216_155655.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 4

Now that I have it installed and fired it up...it's totally beast! At idle its reasonably tame but as soon as you roll the throttle, you find the beast within :)

I'll see if I can record this bad boy after I get my last AT recommendation into the ECU.

Well, a few before and after photos of Huginn from stock to OzClaw and OzPipes- unfortunately the sun was in the wrong spot to get a good image of the pipes.

Power on acceleration is really there but quite a bit of decel popping, Had loaded Claviger's Ramair + CES tune into the ECU and will likely have to await the effects of the Auto Tune module to clean that up a bit for my situation, at least until I can find a dyno that will work with Rockets. Also noticed the engine light wouldn't go off, suspect that is because I disconnected and removed the stock O2 sensor in lieu of the O2 sensor that comes with Auto Tune but, if anyone has some alternative explanations, I'm all ears :)
Looks really nice! Where did you get the short heat shield for the number three exhaust?

Looks really nice! Where did you get the short heat shield for the number three exhaust?

That was furnished as part of the kit by Ozrider along with the fitting instructions. I found it quite easy to install other than a bit of a wrestling match with the stock O2 sensor. My leg actually clears the pipes by a couple of inches on both the standard pegs as well as my freeway pegs so the heat wasn't an issue on my trial run. OTOH, it was 36F out when I headed out :)

Back