2020 Rocket Launch Comparison

Gregger

Living Legend
Ride
2012 Rocket Roadster
OK guy... For those of you that have been on this forum for a while and were around for the launch of the original Rocket back in 2004, how does this 2020 launch compare to the 2004 one? Compare the interest, hype, feedback from the group at the time, prices, etc etc.

I'm sensing that this bike is getting a lot of interest whereas the original might not have.

I was more impressed with the 2004 Rocket as that was something totally new and crazy wild.
The 2020 Rocket is just a variant of the already 15 year old Rocket.
It is probably not a bad bike, but not that much different from the good old 2300cc rocket.

...my cuzzy was meant to get the first Rocket on our shores when they came out...thru a small f*ckup by the salesman, he got the 2nd one.
He spent over $NZ30k then to buy that bike. I spent $NZ28k almost 13 yrs later to buy my dec 2016 Roadster new.
That was alot of coin then.
I'm not surprised the new 2020 models are the price they are when you compare them with other cruisers.
Much more bike too IMHO.

OK guy... For those of you that have been on this forum for a while and were around for the launch of the original Rocket back in 2004, how does this 2020 launch compare to the 2004 one? Compare the interest, hype, feedback from the group at the time, prices, etc etc.

I'm sensing that this bike is getting a lot of interest whereas the original might not have.

Well, Gregger, what I remember is pretty much nobody knew anything about motorcycles when Triumph introduced in 1901 . . . .

Well, Gregger, what I remember is pretty much nobody knew anything about motorcycles when Triumph introduced in 1901 . . . .

images

Man....... You are old!!!!!

Back