2020 Rocket engine guard heat.

No there not the header heat guards are the same on all the new Rockets....
2020-triumph-rocket-3-review-3.jpg

Isn't the forward control guard over the pipes smaller than the mid control guard? I'm fairly sure it is.
I own both the R model, and the GT, and the R model foot pegs are far enough back that the rear header doesnt put out enough heat to be a problem, however the GT
with the controls all the way forward is a problem when sitting in slow moving traffic.. Moving the GT pegs all the way back helps a lot.

The header wrap material on the insides of the shields made a 45 degree difference on the shields outside using a laser thermometer. Didnt bother doing the R Rocket
because my son never complains about heat being an issue on his bike. The GT is another story.

Yes the peg mounted heat guards are smaller on the GT, I think those are to keep your boots from melting, but the real issue is much higher up around my calves. I also did the heat wrap trick, but didn't notice a difference.

No there not the header heat guards are the same on all the new Rockets....
Mine is a 2020 model with the narrow heat guards. Just looked on the configurator and the wider heat guards are on the GT for 2021 and the narrower still displayed for the R. The wider guards come with the forward peg accessory for the R, so no change to the 2020 or 2021... sorry buddy, you are wrong!

Last edited:
Mine is a 2020 model with the narrow heat guards. Just looked on the configurator and the wider heat guards are on the GT for 2021 and the narrower still displayed for the R. The wider guards come with the forward peg accessory for the R, so no change to the 2020 or 2021... sorry buddy, you are wrong!
I didnt relize the heat sheilds were different on the R and GT till i see you photo. Throught the winter im going to make some carbon ones for my GT as the TFC are the same as the R. I will make a mold from one of mine to make some carbon ones will let you know how i get on....

The cheapest cure for heat from the exhaust headers (gen 1 or gen 2) is to go to Walmart (or any big box department store) and buy a $5 soccer shin guard. I bought a set at Walmart, filled in the vent holes with silicon and wear it under my jeans while riding my Sidewinder equipped Roadster. I can now ride in comfort. My jeans get plenty hot but the guard stays fairley cool on the inside. Wearing the guard is very comfortable and parctically invisible even when walking around. Try it, you'll like it.

The cheapest cure for heat from the exhaust headers (gen 1 or gen 2) is to go to Walmart (or any big box department store) and buy a $5 soccer shin guard. I bought a set at Walmart, filled in the vent holes with silicon and wear it under my jeans while riding my Sidewinder equipped Roadster. I can now ride in comfort. My jeans get plenty hot but the guard stays fairley cool on the inside. Wearing the guard is very comfortable and parctically invisible even when walking around. Try it, you'll like it.
Thats different as ive not burnt my legs yet because i stuck some heatproof material on the inside of my heat sheilds. They get hot but ive touch it with my leg and dont get burnt so they are slightly cooler.....

So I applied some extra heat shielding to the inside of my heat shields tonight and ran it for about 10 minutes to heat up and I'm kinda thinking that it did more harm than good.

I'm using but I think due to the thickness of it, it's making direct contact with the pipe then touching the heat shield, helping heat to transfer into the shield better than ever which is the opposite of the desired effect.

I don't have a temp gun to test it with to be for sure, but that's my initial impression from actually doing it and having my leg next to it.

So I applied some extra heat shielding to the inside of my heat shields tonight and ran it for about 10 minutes to heat up and I'm kinda thinking that it did more harm than good.

I'm using but I think due to the thickness of it, it's making direct contact with the pipe then touching the heat shield, helping heat to transfer into the shield better than ever which is the opposite of the desired effect.

I don't have a temp gun to test it with to be for sure, but that's my initial impression from actually doing it and having my leg next to it.
Actually I have some of this material I used to isolate noise and heat in the mustang... and was thinking to use this... ill take a closer look

Back