Hi Gentlemen,

Back from the hospital and several consultations later...

The results from the biopsy are this: Cancer has formed in the LHS lymph node (under the ear) and has also affected the back of my tongue. It is classified as T2 N2..what ever that means! I asked about the 'stage' title that is normally given and was told that is not applicable in this case as it involves the head and neck. Going forward I have to have a 6 week course of radiation therapy plus Cisplatin chemo. The radiation therapy is Monday - Friday, in addition with the Chemo all day on a Tuesday. A feeding tube has to be inserted nasally after first 2 weeks as all this will cause sores in the mouth/throat etc. meaning I will be unable to swallow.
Prior to all these fun and games, I have to have dental works carried out. Should any extractions be forecast for the next 10 years it has to be completed prior to radiation therapy. Next week, along with the dental work, I've got to have a second CT scan, a PET scan, an MRI scan, and a quick check for the Partridge in a Pear tree! So next weeks itinery means I'm going to be a busy boy!! The recovery from treatment will take a further 4 - 6 weeks so I should be able to raise a glass at Christmas time!!

The end result? Prognosis is good with an expected cure rate in excess of 90% after first 6 week course of treatment. Monitoring to be weekly for first 3 months, then every 3 months for the next 9 months. After that it is a play it by ear scenario.

So sorry to hear this...positive is a real good prognosis! You're a grumpy old thing like me and we're just too ornery for cancer!
:)

I also have an update.
The grand twins that were due Oct 7 decided yesterday was a little more to their liking and none of us were prepared to argue with them.
So although premature, they’re safe & well.
Landry (the girl) 3lbs 15 oz
Maddox (the boy) 4lbs 7 oz
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:inlove

4EA6EC54-EDAD-4047-949A-7723F8B5B5DC.jpeg
This is Landry > 5D345382-3F14-44AA-BF8A-48185F7B8BF1.jpeg

This is Maddox, he’s on a breather for a couple of days so it’s not possible to get a good picture > 289ED6FB-D78A-4B0B-B48D-66ABB231B1D7.jpeg

God bless you and your new family. Glad they are all good n' healthy!:)

I also have an update.
The grand twins that were due Oct 7 decided yesterday was a little more to their liking and none of us were prepared to argue with them.

This is Maddox, he’s on a breather for a couple of days so it’s not possible to get a good picture > 289ED6FB-D78A-4B0B-B48D-66ABB231B1D7.jpeg
Bless them all! Congratulations to the lucky couple :cool::cool:

I also have an update.

My lower jaw needs reconstructive surgery! :laugh::laugh:

Back