Had to make it an adventure so..

Technically I made it to rosewell on 2 tanks from Leakey, but technically doesn't get you to a gas station....
20191013_184121.jpg

At least you made it to your destination my friend.

We made it 100 miles from our destination and Theresa's Ryker took a ****. Engine is surging then shutting down. Letting it cool down didn't help.
$700 tow bill to the nearest dealer, $600 in cancelled hotel fees and so far $200 in hotel waiting for the dealer top open Tuesday morning.

A little bit of money gone, bike down for awhile. But at least it didn't happen in the sisters and caused accidents. We have more bikes and we'll make more money. I guess they are called adventures cause anything can happen...

@mexican give them a year or two or find one real cheap. Also, only the 900 Rallye can turn off traction control. The regular 900 and 600 cannot, so no burnouts.

At least you made it to your destination my friend.

We made it 100 miles from our destination and Theresa's Ryker took a ****. Engine is surging then shutting down. Letting it cool down didn't help.
$700 tow bill to the nearest dealer, $600 in cancelled hotel fees and so far $200 in hotel waiting for the dealer top open Tuesday morning.

A little bit of money gone, bike down for awhile. But at least it didn't happen in the sisters and caused accidents. We have more bikes and we'll make more money. I guess they are called adventures cause anything can happen...

@mexican give them a year or two or find one real cheap. Also, only the 900 Rallye can turn off traction control. The regular 900 and 600 cannot, so no burnouts.

Man I am so sorry to hear that. I hope they can get you two back on the road same day so you can at least go to the caverns.

Just before you get to Lafayette take exit 97 and go north 1/2 mile to the Best Stop.

OK, I’m in Lake Charles LA now, 1hr from them.
I saw a sign for Sonnier Boudin & Sausage and another place when I got off I10 but I’ll go to Best Stop tomorrow.
Thanks!

Sorry, forgot to update...I made it home safe. Had a TOTAL blast and learned a bunch. Thanks to everyone....what an awesome bunch of people.

I think the riding was just an excuse to get everyone together to visit, share stories and trade jokes. :cool:

Twas a real pleasure meeting & riding wit ya, Erin!

Ever since i saw that Tribal rocket i been wanting to steal it, so if it dissapears one day,,,,,,,,:whitstling:

Yikes, I better get a guard dog and a better security system.

There aren’t many around.

One with matching Corbin fairing and bags (>$3,000 upgrade) sold TWICE on eBay and I missed it both times.

I’ve contemplated buying the tribal decals and having my “Black Mamba” Roadster repainted.
I really like the orange/black combo but they sell the decals in various colors so maybe the inverse, black with orange tribal would work.
Or perhaps the same orange with a similar but custom painted tribal pattern.

Back