1st gear trouble

Yep! Changed the clunkiness to a subtle bump after this here first oil change. Will anticipate the occasional/infrequent reoccurrence. May become my oil change symtom. Maybe that'll strentch my tight wad pocket a bit more.

Got beat by a Hog this past week-end :rolleyes: That poor V-stroker was straining it's guts out while I kept on it in 5th to stay abreast. I didn't have the space remaining to down shift:cool: But the beast was in me! And under me.

Last edited:
I to have found that even if you are the fastest on the planet (no referance to color here) you need to have your s*~t together for the unsuspected sleeper. I fell victim to a Victory Kingpin (Piped, K&N and later found out PC) and have a new found respect for these tricked V-Twins, some of them (Kingpin is 6speed trans) cannot be aproached on a gear per gear standard. My moto now is take no prisoners & git-r-done first time around. Badley beaten they won't be back. :p

Victory

I Stopped this weekend at what use to be a Kawasaki dealer to look at helmets and found out that Mancusso HD (Spelling?) bought it and it was full of victory's and big dogs not one HD. They had the Victory Hammer at 100 cub. inch in there, let me tell you that is a sharp looking bike.
For those of you down here in Texas it seams Mancusso has been buying up a few places and is getting ready to close them down after they build the new building here in leauge City just off 45 and 518.

. I have also become more, not forceful but, "deliberate" when putting it into first. It does improve after more miles though.

Agree. Cluch cable misadjustment aside, I have found that the 1st gear engagement gripe often (almost always, I' venture to say) comes from new Rocket III riders whose previous bikes did not have forward-mounted pegs. Although the Rocket is by no means extreme in that regard, one has to consciously exert far MORE pressure onto the gear lever than on bikes with a more conventional peg location. Jamie

I appreciate yourr regrets. Me too! I chose the head of the pack, steadily gaining on the pack intern, and saw no trials til the boss jumped. I didn't have my $hit together. But 5th held steady!!!!

Twas my first on a Rocket and failed:(
HAVE NO FEAR tis the last. I do want versus neeed a best plan for a cat by-pass. I've got a $315 offer on a Straintune, plus unholy shipping, from one soure. Do I neeeeedd a TuneBoy or Comonmander to run kwel???? I want the best stainless by-pass with stock restrictive bellows Tourer pipes.

What is the basis for the OEM "enhancemnent" silencer system...the actual nomenclature escapes me now...What dio slash pipes do after a header enhanceent is already applied:confused: Tell me why my stock tourer pipes, as ugly as U think, won't match up with the "silencer upgrades" without the specified slash cuts???

HeR3tic-- newr3.com offers this one http://www.newr3.com/html/performance_pipe.html

which Travelguy says is freer flowing than the Triumph bypass. I don't know of any others. Tuneboy vs PCIII ---- the choice is yours. You can do some other things with the TB to gain performance-wise that you can't with PCIII such as remap timing, keeping secondaries open and running diagnositics. You will need a laptop computer or very long usb cable for tuneboy. With the PCIII dyno tunes are very easy to get you just go to about any dynojet operator.

As far and the "off road" or TOR pipes I think they only come with slash cuts. You can buy slash cut tips for your pipes but the TOR pipes are more freer flowing that is why they are "for off road use only." If you are considering the Staintunes I have some good sound clips of Pianoman's bike with the Staintunes in the FAQ multimedia section.

I think that answers what you are asking, I may need a few buds myself to figure out.:D :bch:

Back