Then in the event of a problem, I'd say it had 15-40 in it. Used 10-40 plenty of times in mine, but I'm Northern.
Any of those would obviously work, however Triumph is demanding 15/50 synthetic.
I called the Triumph customer service today and they said any 15/50 synthetic will do. Mobile 1 has such an oil and is readily available.

Last edited:
That triumph sheet states for the new 2020 rocket not the old ones or am I reading that wrong

That triumph sheet states for the new 2020 rocket not the old ones or am I reading that wrong
I think it's pretty clear that for the 2020 it's 15W50 -period- :)

My dealer explained it this way. The piston rings are so large that their ability to maintain proper tension is reduced so the thicker oil is very important. They use the Motul but the sound of the engine changed a bit. I seem to hear more mechanical noise now, going to try and get the Castrol

My dealer insisted on 10W40 (Castrol fully synthetic), however I am not happy with the noises from the engine. It sounds clicky / tappety and generally rattley. Gonna print that Triumph notice and wave it at him.

Several brands of 4T 15w-50w on Amazon. Motul, Motrex and Liqui Moly. I'm sure you will be fine with those.

Back