12V aux power socket

Ollie

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3R
How you managed with that 12V aux power socket above clock; for navigator, phone power supply ,etc? Any "USB adapters/cables available that socket?

Attachments

• IMG_1917.jpg
    IMG_1917.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 84
I have this on my R3GT. Works great for GoPro and Phone.

Update: The one above is a POS. It failed on me after half a season.

With over 15000km while using this one I recommend the "Cllena DIN Hella Plug to Dual Quick Charge 3.0 USB Charger Adapter with LED Voltmeter for BMW Motorcycle (Green)"

Last edited:
I got both of these the, one with the voltmeter i keep in the dash, the other one I keep under the seat for when I need to put in the ACC 12V socket below the intake manifold

I purchased the second adapter that qweesy777 identified:
I found that the adapter stops working periodically while riding. When it happens I jiggle/twist the adapter in the socket and then it works again -- until the next time that it stops working. I suspect that the adapter breaks it connection either from vibration, or when the road surface is poor (bumpy). Any ideas for a resolution?

I purchased the second adapter that qweesy777 identified:

I found that the adapter stops working periodically while riding. When it happens I jiggle/twist the adapter in the socket and then it works again -- until the next time that it stops working. I suspect that the adapter breaks it connection either from vibration, or when the road surface is poor (bumpy). Any ideas for a resolution?
I had the IMETSOU originally and it failed on me, almost exactly as you describe. It became intermittent then eventually didn't work at all.

I just finished a 6500km trip and have been using this one for well over 15000km, Amazon.ca "Cllena DIN Hella Plug to Dual Quick Charge 3.0 USB Charger Adapter with LED Voltmeter for BMW Motorcycle (Green)". It's been excellent for my needs. I power a Quad Lock QI Charger and a GoPro MAX without any issues.

Back