For Sale '09 Rocket III Classic - $5750 - dropped to $5250!

If it were only closer, I'd grab it in a heartbeat!
Twice that price here.

This is hugely off topic - but yesterday I went to see a "used bike" dealer not far from us. Surprised me very positively the quality of stock. Must have been a good 500,000€ of stock. Many other things discussed one thing he mentioned was "The Market". He commented that it is changing fast - not so much in terms of finance - but in terms of what sells and who is buying.

Bump for the OP :D

I've seen the OPs bike for sale on the local craigslist (Syracuse NY). There was also a '15 Touring for sale not long ago. It was a '15 with low mileage and looked pristine. It was on CR for about 6 months. Eventually he lowered the price to somewhere under $10K and now it's gone, so I expect it either sold or the seller gave up and kept it. Rockets are rare as titz on a bowling ball in this area, no one I know of around here is qualified to work on them, which is prolly part of the selling problem in this area. That said, I sold my 2012 FLHP (Road King Police) a few months ago. It was on CR for about 3 weeks and was priced well below comparable bikes listed.... no calls. Finally I got a call, guy comes to look at it, I let him talk me down a few bucks, and he bought it. I didn't get totally screwed but will say he got a nice bike for the $$.

Used bike market is saturated, plain as that.

Used bikes are just not doing anything right now. I was getting ridiculous lowball offers on my near new condition Ultra. Finally am selling it to Rumble On, who actually came in at a very acceptable price. Just got to hang tough sometimes.

Twice that price here.

This is hugely off topic - but yesterday I went to see a "used bike" dealer not far from us. Surprised me very positively the quality of stock. Must have been a good 500,000€ of stock. Many other things discussed one thing he mentioned was "The Market". He commented that it is changing fast - not so much in terms of finance - but in terms of what sells and who is buying.

Last week I bought 2014 Trophy SE with 21.000 km on clock.. 6.500 Euros. What can I say. The dealer guy was right.

How do I get this bike sold? Way too nice to be sitting in my shop collecting dust.

I've sold many bikes over the years and never had less interest than with the Rocket III :(

Breaks my heart how undervalued they are....

Look at what recently happened to Sonny, Fred, Dave and many others with simple problems the dealers can't sort out. These bikes are seemingly spotless and suddenly they need 1500$ in repairs. Even the basic maintenance is pricy. If you are lucky and do some things yourself, it is manageable. The only $safe way to have one of these bikes is to buy new with a warranty. When it is running right it is a pleasure to ride.

BTW, all bikes are like that. The Honda seems like the $easiest to maintain.

Back