SteveR

Standard Bore
Ride
Casarva Custom Trikes
Hi All I work at a place in the UK creating trikes and the Rocket 3 is one of them. We do other stuff and made a heat shield for a Zard ROCKET III: SPORT INOX FULL KIT KIT 3>1 it took a while bur pretty proud of it and it stops you leg getting cooked. Its in stainless and looks cool.

Attachments

• rocket_3_zard_3_into_1_racing_exhaust_heat_shield_2.jpg
    rocket_3_zard_3_into_1_racing_exhaust_heat_shield_2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 232
The Zard Inox isn't the prettiest exhaust around. Looks like sausages I reckon. That heat shield hides it a little; gives it a different look. I guess if it works to keep heat off your leg then it's doing it's job. Appearance wise, perhaps an acquired taste....

Do you own a Rocket or trying to sell something?

The Zard Inox isn't the prettiest exhaust around. Looks like sausages I reckon. That heat shield hides it a little; gives it a different look. I guess if it works to keep heat off your leg then it's doing it's job. Appearance wise, perhaps an acquired taste....

Do you own a Rocket or trying to sell something?
Richard are you taking bets? I have $50.00 that says, well you know my bet!;)

Not trying to sell (I didn't include the business) just show as its quite a bit of work and when Ii was looking around this forum popped up with people having the same issue at least they'll know something can be done. I don't cruise forums trying flog stuff just thought it was relevant that's all. what am I supposed to say that I don't work here? So who won the $50

I have Triumph Rocket 3 Trike roadster (was at the start anyway) at the moment and its been in build for about a year. Had Image do some 1 off wheels and made new mudguards for it that use the existing teardrop rear lights so there will be 3 along the back. It has independent rear suspension and a BMW diff but it isn't all body worked in so you can see the wishbones diff and stuff.

The finish on the sheild sort of grows on you but I would either have it polished or ceramic coated.

OK then, show us some pics of your trike. Sounds interesting.
I'm sure anyone with the Zard set up will be interested in the heat shield. Clearly a lot of work went into it.
So far no one wins the $50. For now.

Greg, you're obviously much nicer than I am. ;)
No offence Steve. We've had a few people join up for commercial reasons and generally have a bit of fun seeing them off.

Richard, my first thought was to address it as TC would have, but I instead decided to exercise a great deal of restraint.

No probs. Here's a pic the mudguards are in gel coat and sitting on the wheels as the wing brackets hadn't been formed yet but you get the idea.

Attachments

• rear_in_build.jpg
    rear_in_build.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 107
Back