Yup... another great day for a ride

I know Patrick moved to BC as well but we haven’t gotten together as of yet... work always seems to get in the way. I know you tried to get some of us west coast owners out for a ride this past summer I agree we should try again in the new year.
I do an annual trip to the lower mainland in the early summer every year

I do an annual trip to the lower mainland in the early summer every year

Do you have an estimate as to when you think you would be coming down.. maybe it’s time to reach out to the others and see if we can come up with a plan early as it will make it easier to get time off.

Do you have an estimate as to when you think you would be coming down.. maybe it’s time to reach out to the others and see if we can come up with a plan early as it will make it easier to get time off.
Usually end of June to mid July, but I am flexible on dates

I know Patrick moved to BC as well but we haven’t gotten together as of yet... work always seems to get in the way. I know you tried to get some of us west coast owners out for a ride this past summer I agree we should try again in the new year.

There is some talk of trying to put up an RAA up this way next summer . . .
JULY, August and September are our BEST riding months!

Hope that weather holds because about Nov 4 or so, I intend to ride 191 from Moab, UT down to Alpine, AZ - Morenci, AZ and Lordsburg, NM, then on toLeakey, TX.
Tell me - would it be worth the time and miles to detour west to Kitt Peak, Sonoita and Bisbee before I head east to Leakey?
First, as I am sure you know already, pack some warm stuff for sure you will be at high altitude in November.
If you want to visit an observatory let me suggest the one on Mt Graham near Safford. It is a much shorter detour than Kitt Peak and as a bonus you get lots more twisties (assuming you are not tired of them after doing 191 between Alpine and Morenci). Another suggestion is that if possible reroute your trip so that you can do 191 from South to North, going uphill will save you a ton of braking. If you are still wanting even more twisties go to the top of Mt Lemon north of Tucson, a really fun ride. The last time I took that trip I timed it and it was 15 minutes from when I spotted the last sahuaro till I started seeing pine trees, a quick climb. I have not been to Sonoita for years and dont even remember much about it, sorry. Bisbee is a fun place with some neat architecture worth a trip. Hope you have a great trip!

First, as I am sure you know already, pack some warm stuff for sure you will be at high altitude in November.
If you want to visit an observatory let me suggest the one on Mt Graham near Safford. It is a much shorter detour than Kitt Peak and as a bonus you get lots more twisties (assuming you are not tired of them after doing 191 between Alpine and Morenci). Another suggestion is that if possible reroute your trip so that you can do 191 from South to North, going uphill will save you a ton of braking. If you are still wanting even more twisties go to the top of Mt Lemon north of Tucson, a really fun ride. The last time I took that trip I timed it and it was 15 minutes from when I spotted the last sahuaro till I started seeing pine trees, a quick climb. I have not been to Sonoita for years and dont even remember much about it, sorry. Bisbee is a fun place with some neat architecture worth a trip. Hope you have a great trip!

Gratitude for all your suggestions. There is NO such thing as too much twisty!
I have added Mt. Graham & Mt. Lemon to my route.
I likely will ride the best portion of 191 both ways if it inspires me.

Back