Winter Riding Wear

Pig9r

Living Legend
I didn't want to highjack Tom's thread on chaps..........

What is everyone's opinions on heated rider wear. I have been thinking about getting some gloves and a vest. Are they worth it? What brand? Who has the best price? Who makes the best quality? What kind of features do I need? How do they hook up?

I have the Gerbing heated gloves, and I love them. Has to be below 45 degrees before you can stand to wear them, though. They sell a thermostat to go with them, but I think 80 bucks is a bit high for it. Am thinking of getting Widder's heated vest to go with them. It has a heated neck that seems like it would be the bomb.

I wear some chaps if it's not below 40. Have some insulated overalls that I wear if it's colder.

Electric Avenue.....

One of the guys at work has a Widder 'lectric vest, gloves and chaps and he rides (a beater) all winter so long as it isn't snowing. He swears by Widder. I believe they have a primary lead to the battery and then to a t'stat and then to the vest if I remember correctly (he showed me last winter). The gloves and chaps piggyback on the vest.

I thought Triumph offered a heated grip set as an acessory. If the heated grips are half as good as the ones on my snowmobile they will be very comfortable.

Gerbing for me

I bought my early Christmas gift of a pair of Gerbing heated gloves. I've used them twice and so far........wonderful. The small heating control clips on your outer garment. Power is hard wired and comes out under the seat. Wires can run inside jacket and through your sleeve. All plug together and later you can add heated socks or vest. Also they have a second control unit if your passenger wants control over their heat index.

Talk To Adam

Yes...... I think they're a distributor so you can probably get all the accessories through them. There are two styles of gloves. The newer version is a bit more flexible but doesn't cover as much of the lower forearm. I chose the old style to be sure no wind got under my sleeve.

Back