windows 10 issues?

camccardell

.060 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic Tourer
Hey guys. I used to be able to use my tube ecu usb cable with my laptop with no issues. It has been some time but i have went to use it again, and no dice. I have also tried another laptop with windows 10. Still nothing. I know it used to work, but now nothing.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas on a fix?

Chris

Hey guys. I used to be able to use my tube ecu usb cable with my laptop with no issues. It has been some time but i have went to use it again, and no dice. I have also tried another laptop with windows 10. Still nothing. I know it used to work, but now nothing.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas on a fix?

Chris
Also be sure to disable internet and WiFi and have the proper driver loaded into your cable; Good luck & "Be Safe!

This summer my cable died. Worked one day and not the next. You most likely will need a new one.

I use TuneECU on a laptop with Win10 OS. It is finicky with hookup order.

First, the cable has a blue indicator light on the OBD connector (mine does anyway) and connecting that to the bike, will show power to the cable immediately, independent of anything else going on.

I like to connect the cable to the bike and the working computer.

Then I launch TuneECU, which will see the cable, and not the ECU.

Then I turn on the ignition (without starting), and that usually starts the communication shown on the diagnostics page.

If that doesn't start, then I turn off the bike, and then turn it back on, and at that point, I've never not had it make the connection.

And of course, we would expect issues to increase to the point of TuneECU not working at all, given it is no longer supported.

Then we'll have to choose between the pay version of that, or TuneBoy, who's still in business.

Last edited:
Note there are two families of Win10. Home/Pro and Enterprise. The former has LOT's of changes - the Latter very very few.

I recently created a WIN10 box JUST for TuneECU and PCV software. No issues at all.
I did use Enterprise - and anybody can legally and for free as a permanent trial.

Back