Why in Sam Hell ........

rusty

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Why did Triumph orient the rear valve stem toward the brake disc side of the wheel? I have small hands (that are always looking for "large hands" if you know what I mean) and I have difficulty getting in to check the air pressure of the rear tire. A person with few brains coulda figured that one out. No, I haven't had the rear tire replaced and the stem messed with (only 5100 miles thus far) but when I do, I'm hoping the stem can be reoriented to the more "practical" side of the wheel. I know that will most likely throw the whole **** bike off kelter at 80+ mph but hey, I have only one thing in mind, "Simplicity".

Also, most folks ogling at the Rocket will be really disappointed at the altered valve stem scheme with one facing the street side & the other facing the curb side. That's going to spoil the whole **** presentation, isn't it.

On second thought, may the valve stem orientation should remain as Triumph intended it to, right?

NOT!

See ya

Wait until you try to put air in it....

Rusty:

I'm glad I have a long air chuck like you fill dual tires on a big truck with. Thye short ones suck in there and you have to get the stem about halfway between the fender and the ground with the saddlebags on or it's no-go. In as much as the tires are tubeless, the stem is bolted to the rim and had rubber sealing washers so re-orientation should be no problem when it's tire time, whatever tire you choose.....:D:rolleyes:

Whatdayouthink. You asre having the automobile mentality. You've never checked the pressure all this time?? Shame on you. I check it every week. By the way, I use a Milton offset dial gage that fits right in there. www.miltonindustries.com

Milton is like Snap-on. The best, not the cheapest.

Last edited:
I do check the pressure periodically, but not as the manual says "Check tire pressure each time before you ride". I'm conscience as to the feel of the ride (should the bike not handle properly due to pressure drop) and the temperature change thing. I know to check when I've neglected it for a time.

Keep me straight Flip. I wanna grow up to be just like you. Maybe I can change my name to "Flop" & we could become a team.

See ya in Crashville.

You poor babies.Do you put It on a lift to check It To..Oh hell take It to the dealer It's easyer....lol Jack

Rusty...no rock collections....

I do check the pressure periodically, but not as the manual says "Check tire pressure each time before you ride". I'm conscience as to the feel of the ride (should the bike not handle properly due to pressure drop) and the temperature change thing. I know to check when I've neglected it for a time.

Keep me straight Flip. I wanna grow up to be just like you. Maybe I can change my name to "Flop" & we could become a team.

See ya in Crashville.

I'm sure you'll be okay even if the tire pressure is a little low just so long as you don't start playing Desi and Lucy and start a rock collection in your saddlebags on the trip......:D

Checked the weather on the long range for the Music City. Looks really good, plenty of blue sky but a little warm. End of next week in the low 90's. Them R3's are gonna be toasters. We'll need plenty 'o' whistle pops to keep cool. Sarsaparilla for me please.

Back