Where to put insurance and registration?

I stopped carrying my license in my wallet a long time ago, bad move keeping your home address info in the same place as your credit/bank cards

I currently carry a copy of my insurance docs in a ziplock bag under my SMT's seat and my licence in my jacket inside zip pocket...

As stock is there nowhere viable to store things on the rocket? Not got mine yet...still bloody waiting

I put it inside the plastic covering for the manual/warranty, which slides right down behind the toolkit along the fender cover under the seat.

My 72 bonne had hollowed out clear tube mounted to license plate in back easy access. Chip has an oil cooler looking thing on his frame in front (hoses and all) but its a insurance registration caarying "device"

Guess I have always been leary of having my registration on my bikes. Although the title is not there that could be forged over, so it must just be my paranoia :D

I put it inside the plastic covering for the manual/warranty, which slides right down behind the toolkit along the fender cover under the seat.

Sounds like a good call, I'll follow your lead "when" I get my rocket...summer will be over by the time I get it :(

In a small zip lock bag tucked inside the internal zip pocket of my riding jacket. I never ride without my jacket so no worry of forgeting my papers. I also dont feel comfortable leaving them on the bike.

On the Rocket I have them in ziplock bag then put that in the plastic tool kit. No worry about it getting sucked into the air filter. Some of my other bikes don't have a good spot like that so I just duck tape a ziplock bag on 3 edges to the bottom of the seat.

At home unless it's a looooong trip - we have 5 days to present at any "Guardia Civil" office. With bikes they're especially understanding due to the lack of space and ease of theft.

Plus the LEO's can check insurance and registration (even MoT tests) on-line anyway. Drivers licence is always with me as proof of ID.

In the UK we have to display a 'tax disc' or 'Road Fund Licence' and technically carry our driving licence (Card and paper bit) The good news is that later this year we will no longer need to have a tax disc because it's all electronic and with ANPR they can tell whether its paid for or not. So the horrible 'tax disc holder' which we've had to find a site for on bikes for years will be history. As for the driving licence, even though we're supposed to carry it, many do not but usually if you're stopped they'll tell you to show it within 7 days at a police station.
Downside is i bet there'll be plenty of retailers left with tax disc holders that nobody wants or indeed needs :D
All we need to do now is get the physical size of our number plates down to a reasonable size instead of the humungous beasts we have now!

In my Pro One billet aluminum registration holder where else? I have this on a couple of my bikes.

image_45918.jpg

Back