When opportunity knocks!

rusty

Turbocharged
Ride
2005 Rocket III
Today was not the best day for Rocketin' around, but, I can't recall another December 27th that was more fit for ridin' that this one. I know that the family wanted to spend lots of time together (NOT!), but I just had to get out & entertain myself with a little "throttle juice". I stopped by the shop where the guy powdercoated by horn brackets & spent a few "volts" on making him smile. Then I went to the bike shop where I purchased the "P" clamp (and the Kuryakyn Flame grips) 'cause the guy stated he would like to hear the horn when it was mounted. So, there went a few more volts spent. I rode most of 1.5 hours & could not, for the life of me, find anyone doing anything wrong to blast the horn at. I guess all those cagers were still in the holiday spirit. I did entertain the idea of startling the life out of a few folks walking down the sidewalk but I refrained. So, as I pulled up the alley to park the Rocket, I just had to inform the family that I had returned, with a few nice blasts. No one was impressed, but I sure as Hell was. HA HA.

The guy at the bike shop stated the horn sounded like one provided on a Jaguar. I felt proud. I think the twin horn sound does indeed ressemble a very European style. I am very tickled with the outcome of this endeavor. Oh, Tomo, I stopped by the local automotive store & purchased some black wire ties. I also took along my side cuts & replaced the blue ones right there on the spot. Sorry, I forgot to keep the blue ones for you. The weather is going to take a turn for the worst tonight. Sounds like rain possibility through the weekend. Oh well, I got one last ride in for '06. Anyone else?

See ya.

Didn't get any new toys for the Rocket, but I did get out and ride today!... :) A little windy, with 20-30 MPG gust, but it was great to get out! I can't wait until spring so I can get this Roadster screen off and get my fly screen back on!

I did take off the horn cover today and replaced with with a leather tool bag that came off my broke down trike. The tool bag has three buckles to carry on the "triple" theme and looks pretty good in that spot. :)

Hey Rider, the bag would not fit with the horn cover on? I think I'd like to have one of those bags on the Rocket. Any chance you could post a pic for us? I like your "triple" theme concept. Tell how it attached in place. I would not wish to remove the horn cover, it's part of the "Rocket" statement I ride.

Yep, I will post some pics. The bag would actually mount below the horn cover as well, but I've never cared for the cover so I removed it and mounted the bag over the horn.

I'll take some pics of how it's mounted as well. I don't know what brand the bag is though. It was on a '69 VW trike that I have in the shop, and I thought it would look much better on the Rocket.. :)

We had an auction car that someone installed Eldorado horns on. They are now in my tool box :D. They are large trumpets, but they might fit under the bike down by the starter. They might not be as loud as your guy's horns, but at least they don't go bleep burp. I can see a horn contest coming.

I also have a set of old Fiams. These babys have five (Yes , five) metal trumpets ranging from about 9 inches to 2 feet long. The compressor needs to be repaired, I can get it to work intermittantly. It sucks a lot of juice. I haven't figured out what tune it plays because I haven't been able to figure out the proper combination of the hoses to the trumpets. It might play "Dixie". I do know, that if you take the largest trumpet, and shoot compressed air through it it causes severe ear pain and you don't do that again. :eek:.

Doctor: When does it hurt?
Tomo: When I move this...
Doctor: Then don't move that...
Tomo: But that's my wallet...
Doctor: Pay the nurse...
Tomo: Crap...
Doctor: Maybe next time..
Wife: The doctor called..
Tomo: What'd he say?
Wife: He said you're gonna die..
Tomo: What?!
Wife: He just don't know when...

Good News - Bad News

I'm still dreaming of big air horns hanging somewhere on the front engine guards. Trying to figure out how to place them, power them and push a bunch of air through the venturi is faster than counting sheep.

Doctor: I've got good news and bad news

Patient: Give me the good news

Doctor: You've only got 24 hours to live

Patient: That's the good news? What in the world is the bad news?

Doctor: I forgot to tell you yesterday

Back