If I'm not mistaken (and I may very well be mistaken as I'm not perfect though almost), all gasoline sold in the good old USofA is blended with 10% corn liquor. Actually, 10% ethanol isn't harmful to conventional fuel systems and it 'smooths' the burn of low octane gas. Remember, the 'burn' of low octane is faster than premium due to the additives and the way it's cracked.

Under no cirmstances put E85 in your Rocket. E85 is corrosive to gaskets and sealers used in the fuel system. Besides, it will run like ****te.

10% corn liquor is good for the Bush administration. It justifies the subsidies.

One thing about corn liquor though, I'd rather ingest it than inject it. Ingestion yields way more fun.:D

Reader's Digest-ion

Flip, I'm with you on the inject/reject/digest/ingest and Beau Geste!

I'm not sure if you can get good "Moonshine" up north but I know it gives a kick to either people or diesel engines. Hopefully the weather's getting nicer up there and you've chosen to come out of hibernation. It's 74 today and I just topped the beast off with 92.

octane????

Being born in Houston, TX, around the refineries, I saw trucks of every brand from the majors to the minors filling at the same spigot. Probably the additives are the difference.

Just my two cents.

Oh, yea, I now burn the cheap stuff. After 15K miles, I've tried the 'good' stuff when first got the bike new... can find no measurable difference.

Can't make it run on water though.

octane????

It's me again. Just went to Yahoo to check my mail and coincidently there was a film clip from ABC news on this subject. They said the same thing, no difference in the testing of the different brands.

Still can't get it to run on water, though.:mad:

A though

It's not the running difference on the different brands I'm concerned about it's the stuff the lower brands leave behind I don't like.
Insight, someone mentioned seeing trucks getting there fuel from the same pump. He is correct; Most Oil companies use the same storage facilities. They keep track of how much they put in but all the oil is mixed together. The difference is in how they refine it and the additives they use.

The devils in the additives. All gasoline brands leave behind deposits. The name brand companies at least use to have proprietary additives that were known to reduce engine deposits. So by switching from one name brand to another, you, in effect, reduce the formers additive buildup and start the process over, keeping your combustion chamber cleaner.
Personally I think this "gasoline hooey" is sounding a lot like the"gauze vs paper" air cleaner hoopla.:D

Flip, I'm with you on the inject/reject/digest/ingest and Beau Geste!

I'm not sure if you can get good "Moonshine" up north but I know it gives a kick to either people or diesel engines. Hopefully the weather's getting nicer up there and you've chosen to come out of hibernation. It's 74 today and I just topped the beast off with 92.

PianoMan:

The frost is about out of the ground allowing it to soak up the water and dry up the unpaved road (see MUD). I've got some seroius work to do in the lane between the feedlots. The FWA tractor has dug some deep ruts (as in about 2 feet deep). We are supposed to get whizzed on by Ms. Nature this evening, I can hear thunder and smell the rain but it will get soaked up. Hoping to get at least one of the bikes out over the weekend. Close as I'm getting to riding is buzzing around on the quad. It's 70 here today (Monday). As usual, there was a few motorcycle accidents over the weekend, it was nice Sunday. One fellow got killed in Toledo when a pickup turned from the second lane on a undivided 4 lane road, in front of him. Of course the driver never saw the fellow. I knew him casually. He was a fellow roll off driver.

Bart is selling all the goodies he bought for his R3 for some reason. I believe I'll list my tank bra/cover too. I'm not real crazy about it but I'll wait for Bart to peddle his.

Hondax:

I'm with you. Gasoline is like mouthwash. It all comes from the same spigot at the plant/refinery and goes to different retailers with different names.:D

In so much as combustion chamber deposits, other than some carbon on the piston crowns and a little varnish above the ring lands, so what.

Back