What made you buy her?

How and why I bought my rocket 3gt
So I sold my vrod muscle power was good 117whp on dyno V&H 2-1 exhaust, K&N air filter, power commandor, but suspension was garbage old school ,hard, spine braking!
I was testing Ducati Xdiavel on Triumph dealer and was satisfied how nimble it is easy to turn and suspension was a comfy in comparison with Vrod 635lbs even with less weight on xDiavel 490lbs! I was satisfied with road test on Xdiavel but price was the issues! I com back next week and try to negotiate price and ask to test ride on rocket3R! After I come back to dealer I did not want to get off the bike!! All the torque down low on 4000 rpm was a killer!!! Weight was same as my vrod 640lbs but handling was same as Ducati it impressed me heavy but nimble and all weight feels down low in opposite from Vrod muscle!
Most times I ride street to work so I make decisions rocket 3 suits me better!! I don’t have to rev engine like Ducati near 10k to feel 90 lb/tq plus I don’t need to do desmotronic service for 3k and don’t need to worry about drive belt for 800$ which have a issue with small rocks what can cut belt!!! So I made up my mind and make decision to buy rocket3 and again did not work out on price with dealer so I want on privet seller and found my rocket 3GT with less than 3000 mile! Working out price good enough for me I purchase motorcycle and started ripping it off and after months I found oil leak from left side on engine under cooper washer under intake plenum!!! So oil leak is real thing on rocket 3 but it’s not what dealer said no oil from intake and no cracks in casting !!! only Bad cutting process on factory with ruff conjugated surfaces between cooper washer and casting bolt podium !!! So before I sand it down to mirror surface and installed new washer and squeeze it down ones and for all!!! I was changing before 6 different washers With hondabond sealant and all this was pointless!!! So make it smooth and straight and new crush washer and you golden! Picture off my problem before I fix it! After found this issue I realized why previous over sale it to me back in the days!! But it is easy fix if you know what to do! And I was fighting this problem since last summer but it finally done and already two months no oil leak and transmission cover stay dry next picture! Good luck and rocket is coolest bike I ever owned!!

Attachments

• 1CB9E7F1-C8F8-4326-A8C2-F56B2EAACF80.jpeg
    1CB9E7F1-C8F8-4326-A8C2-F56B2EAACF80.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 22
  • C1475CAE-CDD2-401A-A73C-0359AEBACC09.jpeg
    C1475CAE-CDD2-401A-A73C-0359AEBACC09.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I know you get it. You wouldn't be in this asylum with us, your fellow inmates, if you didn't. Only dogs riding cages with their heads out the window understand, kindred spirits.

But you have choices. It's the Golden Age of ICE motorcycling, before the TRON machines evolve and we're forced to surrender our sinful and illogical ways in exchange for an orderly and soul-less existence.

Why this choice? Triumph's R3 has presence, personality, combines raw muscle with a British elegance and refinement. Not a Cooper. More as a Bentley.

I'd like to hear your story. What made you choose this motorcycle, what pushed you over the edge. Has it delivered as you expected?
As usual I was thinking with my dick.

Wife twisted my arm ,so I had to buy it . She said she was ready to ride again after daughter went her way . I love my women .

Attachments

• 814718CD-9D79-40A7-B5B3-3FF264E576C0_1_105_c.jpeg
    814718CD-9D79-40A7-B5B3-3FF264E576C0_1_105_c.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 15
Back