What lights are on when?

3BANGR

Standard Bore
I had a tail light go out on my '05 Rocket and I noticed that the turn signal lights were not on as marker lights. The turn signals work fine. I thought I may have a wiring problem and that they were supposed to come on when the ignition was turned on. I talked to my brother, who has an '06 Rocket. His turn signal lights come on in the front as marker lights but the rear do not. The bulb in my turn signals are single filiment and, looking at the wiring diagram, it seems they are not designed to come on as anything but turn signals.

To the question...when you turn on your Rocket, what lights come on? On mine, it is the headlights, position lights (the little ones in the headlight housing), tail light, license plate and the instrument cluster. Is it working as designed or should I see glowing amber from the turn signals?

Just got an update from my brother and, as you stated, mine is working as designed. He had his aftermarket fog lamps on and thought the turn signal lights were lit when they weren't. Funny thing is I have been riding this thing since '06 and never noticed...Thanks!

Back