What have you done to your R3T lately

Pimpin, round 1, its clean now we can start to shine it

3777E2D2-A310-4CB0-8308-62D5248016FB.jpeg
9DD89F14-7FB4-405A-A4D5-A3B14574FE7D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you use to touch it up, looks like it did a great job!!!👍👌 Did you see the before pic's on mine close up we are talking Black
White Diamond paste on a power drill. I just looked back at your pics and mine were very similar. I wish I had before pictures of mine to see how bad they were compared to you all.

Cleaning the tires up is almost as much of a chore.:mad::roll:

Last edited:
Sand paper, whatever takes off the finish, 300 maybe then 500 then 700 you will see your scratches change as you go up, i had to go about 2500 i think and now its just 0000(4) steel wool and i use some polish from Germany aerosol maybe but with 0000 steel wool you really need nothing, just wash dry hit with 0000 steel wool wipe buff clean and its back to mirror finish like after the sanding, oh how long, felt like two weeks a couple hours a day, painful but worth it because now im always fresh and clean :cool:
I just did Day 2 of polishing the back wheel, I wet sanded it with 1000 then 3000, then buffing Wheel with the Gords seems to work better if you let it soak for a few minutes then continue buffing, then wipe off with red shop rags then finish with microfiber towel, I also replaced pads and fluid in the back break, ordered the bolt from bike bandit, local shop online said it was discontinued, how can they do that, it's only 13 year's old, I don't like that, I'm finding that too much already.
Oh I have the Mobil delvac grease too for the spline and any parts I greased, couldn't find moly grease in advance auto, felt pretty good tonight, even with the missing break disk bolt ⚡😁 hey it's got 5 others right 😁
Not very many spots on the rim, maybe a couple really faint spots, but I'm very happy, I tried the mothers, did nothing, I got about half a bottle of Gords left, it should be enough to do the front, but I'm getting more of that stuff, I think it did a great job!!! Just what I wanted!!! I'm very happy, I still have to clean the holes but I think a good wash will do that, I didn't spend too much time on that, I already did the front brakes and fluid and it should be easier to get off and on, it worked out just lowering the jack to put the tire on, very slowly, checking that it didn't bind on the way down. Did you do the front yet??? Any pointers!!!😁⚡💤 Have a great day!!!👍😊

I just did Day 2 of polishing the back wheel, I wet sanded it with 1000 then 3000, then buffing Wheel with the Gords seems to work better if you let it soak for a few minutes then continue buffing, then wipe off with red shop rags then finish with microfiber towel, I also replaced pads and fluid in the back break, ordered the bolt from bike bandit, local shop online said it was discontinued, how can they do that, it's only 13 year's old, I don't like that, I'm finding that too much already.
Oh I have the Mobil delvac grease too for the spline and any parts I greased, couldn't find moly grease in advance auto, felt pretty good tonight, even with the missing break disk bolt ⚡😁 hey it's got 5 others right 😁
Not very many spots on the rim, maybe a couple really faint spots, but I'm very happy, I tried the mothers, did nothing, I got about half a bottle of Gords left, it should be enough to do the front, but I'm getting more of that stuff, I think it did a great job!!! Just what I wanted!!! I'm very happy, I still have to clean the holes but I think a good wash will do that, I didn't spend too much time on that, I already did the front brakes and fluid and it should be easier to get off and on, it worked out just lowering the jack to put the tire on, very slowly, checking that it didn't bind on the way down. Did you do the front yet??? Any pointers!!!😁⚡💤 Have a great day!!!👍😊
Lookie what I got today, 3days from Poland to USA, nice 👍 wasn't expecting it till the 30th

Attachments

• IMG_20210804_152049.jpg
    IMG_20210804_152049.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 22
I did the front wheel also, and the fork legs:D

I did the front wheel also, and the fork legs:D
Yeah I'll get a pic of my fork's really bad deep pitting, I took $500 off the listing price mostly for that, hopefully I can get it out, may have to start with some more aggressive sandpaper, I'll see what they have at the store and decide, I ordered 2 more disk bolt's for the front just in case, hopefully they are the same as the back, for the back the diagram and part were wrong, said a seal or something, didn't say bolt #8 in the diagram, look what the cat bought in today, 3 days from Poland 👍 can't wait to put it on 👌GL have a great day

Attachments

• IMG_20210804_152049.jpg
    IMG_20210804_152049.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 8
Yeah I'll get a pic of my fork's really bad deep pitting, I took $500 off the listing price mostly for that, hopefully I can get it out, may have to start with some more aggressive sandpaper, I'll see what they have at the store and decide, I ordered 2 more disk bolt's for the front just in case, hopefully they are the same as the back, for the back the diagram and part were wrong, said a seal or something, didn't say bolt #8 in the diagram, look what the cat bought in today, 3 days from Poland 👍 can't wait to put it on 👌GL have a great day
Did the front today about 4 or 5 hours, had a dent in the fender too, just need a little nitro stain and touch-up paint, but I'm satisfied

Attachments

• IMG_20210805_184418.jpg
    IMG_20210805_184418.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20210805_170118.jpg
    IMG_20210805_170118.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20210805_170106.jpg
    IMG_20210805_170106.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210805_101401.jpg
    IMG_20210805_101401.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20210805_101332.jpg
    IMG_20210805_101332.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20210805_093434.jpg
    IMG_20210805_093434.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20210805_093456.jpg
    IMG_20210805_093456.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 17
I have been hitting a few car shows this summer and doing pretty good. My wheels are the only thing keeping me from doing even better... The only way to really clean them is to remove them. Took me about 6 hours total on the front, used some cleaner then White Diamond polish with a 4 inch wheel on a drill. I got the back done today and will reinstall it tomorrow sometime. Those are two 1st place trophies, last weekend I was up against a bunch of really nice bikes and got 3rd to a brand new HD trike and 2007 Big Dog Mastiff custom chopper trailer queen. Sneaking a peak at the judges score card the only place I lost points was the wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_6507.jpg
    IMG_6507.jpg
    412.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6565.jpg
    IMG_6565.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6625.jpg
    IMG_6625.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6622.jpg
    IMG_6622.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6623.jpg
    IMG_6623.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 34
I have been hitting a few car shows this summer and doing pretty good. My wheels are the only thing keeping me from doing even better... The only way to really clean them is to remove them. Took me about 6 hours total on the front, used some cleaner then White Diamond polish with a 4 inch wheel on a drill. I got the back done today and will reinstall it tomorrow sometime. Those are two 1st place trophies, last weekend I was up against a bunch of really nice bikes and got 3rd to a brand new HD trike and 2007 Big Dog Mastiff custom chopper trailer queen. Sneaking a peak at the judges score card the only place I lost points was the wheels.
Bummer man they look pretty flawless to me I guess that's a before and after on the front, get the 3" wool buffing Wheel in the set I posted from Amazon and do the flats with Gords aluminum polish from Amazon and use the red shop rags after it dries to buff off and finish with a microfiber towel, makes a big difference I don't know if amazon gives you directions I'll scan them in when I get home, but they look really good, I don't think you need to steel wool them, I steel wooled 0000, and wet sanded 1000 grit and finished with 3000, then the buffing Wheels, the cone wheel is good for the sides and they are cheap, try it and get 1st next time 😊😉👌👍 GL

Bummer man they look pretty flawless to me I guess that's a before and after on the front, get the 3" wool buffing Wheel in the set I posted from Amazon and do the flats with Gords aluminum polish from Amazon and use the red shop rags after it dries to buff off and finish with a microfiber towel, makes a big difference I don't know if amazon gives you directions I'll scan them in when I get home, but they look really good, I don't think you need to steel wool them, I steel wooled 0000, and wet sanded 1000 grit and finished with 3000, then the buffing Wheels, the cone wheel is good for the sides and they are cheap, try it and get 1st next time 😊😉👌👍 GL
The last pic is the before picture, the other one is the after. I got them cleaned up pretty well now, finished the back wheel today and got it remounted.

Back