What are the signs

I know what you mean

Mine is 2007 classic tour I had the output shaft put in at 15,000 miles and just got it back today with a new rear differential at 23,000 but triumph covered it all. The Warranty ran out today it is a known problem with the Rocket 3 seems that someone applied output shaft bearings reversed the Deflexion plate reversed blocking the proper amount of Oil .
It is not that way on all of them must have been the new employee or Monday.

Don't we have some threads showing the manufacturing dates or VIN #s for these various factory SNAFUS?

Well talked to the dealer this morning. Whatdya know it's somewhere internal like maybe the output shaft bearing. So now they are waiting to hear back from triumph on weather or not they are gonna cover the 12 hours of labor plus parts to fix the problem. I can tell you I have already decided my plan of action. If they do not cover it, I am leaving the bike there for them to fix and sell, because I do not want to be part of a company that does not stand by thier product. But from the feedback I'm getting from you guys, this will not be the case. Triumph is gone for the holidays but will get an answer by next week. I'll keep you all posted.

Tim

Don't we have some threads showing the manufacturing dates or VIN #s for these various factory SNAFUS?

Generally speaking bikes manufactured after 11/07 have all of the upgraded components...and should have the output shaft bearing installed correctly.

Well talked to the dealer this morning. Whatdya know it's somewhere internal like maybe the output shaft bearing. So now they are waiting to hear back from triumph on weather or not they are gonna cover the 12 hours of labor plus parts to fix the problem. I can tell you I have already decided my plan of action. If they do not cover it, I am leaving the bike there for them to fix and sell, because I do not want to be part of a company that does not stand by thier product. But from the feedback I'm getting from you guys, this will not be the case. Triumph is gone for the holidays but will get an answer by next week. I'll keep you all posted.

Tim

Tim- I would have them push to get the upgrade kit.

Everything from updated wiring harness for the ignition switch to spark plugs, plug wires, second gear, output shaft bearing, clutch springs, and a bunch of other stuff I don't know where it goes.

Wow, how in the world can I convince Triumph to do that? My dad works at a bike dealership, (non Triumph). A buddy of his said that most manufacturers refuse even some warranty work from the dealers request, but as soon as the customer calls, its usually taken care of. But in the mean time, I will inform the dealer to ask (demand) it. We'll see what happens. Hoping for the best, but I am fully prepared to call and fight with Triumph myself If I have to.

Thanks

Tim

I had the upgrade installed early last spring by Hermys in Port Clinton PA.
The criteria for getting it paid for by Triumph was:
The bike jumped out of 2nd gear and into neutral under full throttle.

The vin range covered is up to 337294
Give the dealer the Upgrade Kit part #
It should reduce the bull****:
black engine T1000008
silver engine T1000009.

See this thread on the RAT site
dealer upgrade kit - Triumph Forum: Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the info. 254524 is the last six of my vin. Ill tell the dealer to get on it asap. Hasnt jumped out of gear, but, who knows what will happen:). Ill check out the thread,

Thanks again,

Tim

Update: Triumph was finally contacted by my dealer, and they gave the dealership full permission to do whatever necessary to get the bike back to 100%. So the dealer took the motor out of the bike to check the output shaft. Turns out its the torsion bearing? I think thats right. Anyway he said that the bearing was spinning with the driveshaft, not good. But hes ordering the parts and all will be fixed in a week or two. TWO thumbs up for Triumph backing their product, was getting nervous there for a bit. But Im still very much a Triumph man!

Tim

Back